Eckerd College English Language School
Description of Eckerd College English Language School
- Location: Florida, United States
- Age of students: 10+
- Type of training: mixed
- Type of accommodation: host families, residence
- Language of instruction: English.
The English Language Center in sunny Florida offers international students ample opportunities in terms of learning and practicing English, as well as getting acquainted with American culture. Do you want to prepare for studying at a foreign university? Choose intensive programs of the school and forget about the uncertainty in your knowledge! Looking for new experiences? Then you will find Vacation Courses, combining training with unforgettable adventures in Florida! Need an emergency language help? Prepare for language testing in courses with the best teachers! Whatever your goal of learning English - in a language school in Florida you will not only achieve it, but also get a lot of impressions!
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Eckerd College English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Language school students between the ages of 18 and 25 live in the West Lodge Student Residence, located on the college campus. Conditions for settlement - training on programs of more than two weeks. Each room has a private bathroom, two beds, desk, wardrobe, cable TV and Internet access. Conditions and prices:
- Bed linen provided
- Rooms are cleaned weekly
- Room type: Double Suite
- Meals: 19 meals per week included
Host families are another accommodation option for students over 10 years of age. Host families are close to the school, otherwise they take students to campus and back. Conditions:
- Accommodation: single
- Meals: 14 meals per week included
Activities Eckerd College English Language School
In their free time, students have no time to be bored! Every day, the organizers prepare something interesting for them, ranging from conversation clubs to trips and excursions. About five field trips are planned every week, and events and parties are planned every day.
The experience of studying at a language school in Florida would be incomplete without an active summer holiday! Students will be able to get acquainted with the amazing state of Florida - one of the most beautiful in the United States. Five minutes from downtown are Florida's most popular beaches, and Florida's world-famous theme parks and water parks are a 90-minute drive away. So do not be afraid of boring lessons and homesickness – in Florida it is definitely not waiting for you!
Facilities and equipment at Eckerd College English Language School
The language school is located in the state of Florida, in the American city of St. Petersburg. This city is known for its sandy beaches and magnificent sunsets, bright cultural and entertainment life. To the east of the city is Tampa Bay, and to the west is the Gulf of Mexico, so the area is surrounded by beautiful beaches and unique nature. The language school operates on the campus of a private college located right on the waterfront.
Students of the school enjoy free access to campus facilities, including:
- Computer Lab
- Equipment and facilities for people with disabilities
- Tennis courts
- Music rooms
- Outdoor and indoor basketball courts
- Student Health Center
- Illuminated football fields
- Beach and equipment on the shore for kayaking and paddleboarding.
Students can visit museums, cafes and restaurants, try their hand at water sports and easily reach the famous Florida theme parks.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Non-refundable fee
- Course materials
- Medical insurance
- Courier service on request
- Access to infrastructure
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Eckerd College English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.