IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
Description of IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
- Year of foundation: 1978
- Location: Bradenton, FL, USA
- Age of students: 8-18
- Type of training: mixed
- Type of residence: residence
- Language learning: English.
The summer sports camp at a top private school will give school students a rich and vibrant vacation: this is an ideal place for boys and girls who are interested in sports both at the level of amateurs and at the level of professional athletes. The world experience of teaching English has shown: in order to master a language, it is not necessary to sit in a classroom for days, gnawing at the granite of science. Much more useful, both in terms of language learning, and in terms of general development, you can get by learning English, plunging into a new environment and engaging in an exciting hobby or sport!
Today in the States there are a huge number of programs that seek to bring together several types of activities into a single harmonious educational process. A vivid example of excellent summer combined programs can be the language courses of the IMG Academy private boarding school. This prestigious school has established itself as an ideal place to train professional athletes. Over the years of fruitful work, the school has produced hundreds of excellent athletes who have become world sports stars: Andre Agassi, Monika Seles, Maria Sharapova, Anna Kournikova, Cam Newton and many others.
- The top school is famous for the golf program, which ended a huge number of professional players
- This is the only educational institution with a lacrosse preparatory program.
- Initially, the school was founded as a professional tennis school. The tennis program sets the standard for training this sport around the world.
- Since the 1990s, the range of school courses has expanded: added hockey, football, basketball, baseball
- Teaching staff - coaches of world and famous sports clubs
- 64% of students are foreign students
- The school has a real intercultural environment where every student feels comfortable: thanks to the multinational teaching staff, the school teachers communicate in 13 languages.
The English + Sport programs conducted during the summer period are focused on the development of students' oral speech and their physical fitness. Programs are distinguished by great flexibility and the ability to choose the appropriate options - you can choose a course or create an individualized study plan according to your interests:
- General sports training course
- English + Sport program
- Sports training course + academic program (preparation for passing the American exams SAT and ACT)
- Individual program to improve sports performance.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are offered accommodation in one of the school residences located on campus. One of the most popular is the Ascender Hall East - a modern building with all amenities and 250 rooms. Each room includes:
- Bunk bed
- Storage Cabinets
In addition, the residences have:
- Common living rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Recreation areas with television and video games
- Rooms for self-study.
For students, food programs are drawn up with special care with an emphasis on healthy, balanced meals - daily buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner await students. An individual menu is compiled if necessary. The cost of living in the residence is included in the total cost of the program.
Activities IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
Every day, students will be able to spend on fascinating programs of events and communication with peers:
- Attending film screenings
- Participation in fashion shows
- Video games
- Outdoor games
- Walking in the parks
- Attendance of concerts
- Beach holiday
- Party Attendance.
In addition, programmakers seek to create a variety of leisure programs outside of the children's camp:
- Theater visits
- Visiting city sights
- Hiking in entertainment centers
- Outing Excursions
- Extreme sports and more.
The program of activities includes the following excursions:
- A trip to Anna Maria
- Visit to Tampa
- Trip to orlando
- Siesta key
- St. Petersburg (Florida)
- Lakewood Rench
- Longboat key
- Palma Sola.
- Effective combined programs
- World renowned trainers
- A wide choice of programs
- Course flexibility
- Intercultural environment
- Excellent sports equipment
- Rich leisure program.
Facilities and equipment at IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
The school is located in Florida on the Gulf Coast. Today the campus is located on a territory of 600 acres and has a developed infrastructure:
- 4 basketball courts
- 2 lacrosse fields
- Golf course
- 3 baseball fields
- 12 football fields
- 52 tennis courts
- Training Baseball Grounds
- Dining rooms
- Physiotherapy clinic
- Sport shops
- Comfortable Residential Cases
- Wellness clinic.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees per week (in US dollars)
The name of the program
Youth Baseball Camps (Boys)
from $ 2288 per week
Basketball ( Boys / Girls )
from $ 2454 per week
from 2230 $
from 2660 $
Lacrosse ( Boys / Girls )
from 2446 $
Performance ( Coed)
from 2052 $
Soccer ( coed)
from 2314 $
Tennis ( Boys / Girls )
from 2667 $
Track and field ( Coed)
from 2446 $
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about IMG Academy Summer Sports Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.