University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
Description of University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
- Location: St. Paul, USA
- Year of foundation: 1961
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of training: mixed.
The University of St. Thomas – Minnesota is one of the best private Catholic universities that has an ELS language center on campus. The university offers many programs, including a bachelor's degree course, which allows you to earn credits for admission to the second year of the university at the same time as learning English.
Among the students of the institution are visiting students from 50 states and 63 countries, which shows the diversity of cultures, languages, nationalities.
The ELS Language Center offers several programs for learning English based on the bases: reading, writing, communication, listening. Upon successful completion of final level 112, the student receives a certificate for conditional admission to the University of St. Thomas, the nearest colleges or partner universities. In addition to improving skills in the language, students can prepare for international tests IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of the language school can choose one of two accommodation options:
- In a host family
The student is provided with a single room in the home of an American family. Host families have dinner with students in the evenings, celebrate holidays with them, help in solving various issues. They are also native speakers, allowing the student to practice skills off campus.
The price includes 14 meals per week: breakfasts and dinners daily, lunches - on weekends
- On-campus dormitories
In the residential buildings of the university, students live in double rooms with shared kitchens, laundries, recreation areas. Wi-Fi access is available throughout.
Activities University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
In St. Paul you can visit many events, attractions:
- Art, culture: art galleries, art museums, centers of live poetry and music, festivals, concerts, etc.
- Minnesota History Center: Interactive museums, historical lectures.
- Natural places: the Mississippi River, a chain of lakes and waterfalls, hiking, cycling trails, gardens and parks.
The university has 22 sports teams: volleyball, basketball, athletics, tennis and much more. For ELS students, both individual and group classes are available in the fitness center, gyms, swimming pool, outdoor areas.
For creative students, studios of sound recording, drawing, dancing, theatrical productions are open. More than 140 student organizations are developing in various directions: volunteer activities, scientific clubs, cultural associations, foundations, interest clubs.
- Study at the university's main campus
- Free use of the university's infrastructure
- Two accommodation options
- Participation in student clubs, sports teams
- Possibility to study full-time or online
- Students from Portugal, China, Russia, Italy, Japan and other countries.
Facilities and equipment at University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
St. Paul is the capital of Minnesota with a population of more than 300,000 people. The ELS English Language Center is located on the campus of the University of St. Thomas near the scenic Mississippi Waterfront.
Students attending English language courses can use the infrastructure of the university, visit the sights of the city and the nearest districts.
The campus is equipped with:
- Center with classrooms accessible to people with disabilities
- Computer Lab
- Music, dance studios, art classes
- Library, reading room
- Wellness center, medical center
- Fitness center with gyms, game rooms, swimming pool
- Outdoor football stadium, tennis court
- Car, bicycle parking
Admission dates and extra charges
Programs take place full-time on campus and in an online format. Each program contains from 4 weeks to two months of learning English, periodic verification tests to move to the next level. Depending on the chosen program, a weekly schedule is built: from 15 to 45 lessons per week. At the end of the training, the student receives a certificate.
- Entrance fee
- Fee for materials, technologies
- Medical insurance
- Courier aid
- Campus Use
- Supplement for additional weeks of study
- Transfer from the airport
Additional expenses for foreign students include registration of a foreign passport, visa documents, consular fees, plane tickets.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of new students takes place on Mondays every four weeks throughout the year.
Requirements for applicants:
- Introductory language testing
- Completed application form (available for download or online on the official ELS website)
- Registration fee paid
- Prepayment for training
- Financial Reference
- F-1 Student Visa, Passport, Health Insurance
- Language requirements: TOEFL iBT (from 46), TOEFL pBT (from 453), IELTS (4.0), TOEIC (from 550).
To enter the university preparation course, you will need:
- Average school score of 2.5 and above
- Language requirements: TOEFL iBT (from 60), IELTS (from 5.5), Duolingo (from 85).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of St.Thomas – Minnesota English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.