The Royal Ballet School
Description of The Royal Ballet School
- Established: 1926
- Language of instruction: English
- Location: London, UK
- Type: state
- Number of students: 300.
Royal Ballet School, Royal Ballet School is one of the oldest and most famous ballet schools in the world. Graduates of the academy are world-famous dancers and choreographers: Margot Fontaine, Kenneth Macmillan, Anya Linden, Lynn Seymour, David Wall, Darcy Bassell and Jonathan Cope.
The Royal Ballet School was founded in 1926 and has since received state and worldwide support in the preparation of primitive ballet art. You can become a student of the school solely thanks to the dance data, regardless of origin and status.
Every year, students of the Royal Ballet School hold an open reporting concert, which demonstrate the program learned over the year. A key moment in the life of the school is the annual matinée, where graduate students demonstrate graduation dance. Artists, directors, directors of ballets and operas are invited to watch. This is a good chance for students to find work, and for invited guests - a dancer.
The ballet school consists of junior and senior units.
- The younger school is a general education school, in which, from the beginning of training, emphasis is placed on the development of physical ballet data, and from the seventh year of study, boys and girls begin to study specialized subjects.
- High school of ballet is an educational institution for young men and women aged 16-19 who have graduated from a primary school of ballet or an ordinary comprehensive school. During the first two years, students receive academic qualifications, and the third year is fully devoted to practical courses.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Royal Ballet School
- Possibility of training with leading European choreographers
- Regular workshops by visiting teachers
- Internship and employment in the best ballet companies in the world
- The ballet school has launched the Creative Artist Program, thanks to which the comprehensive development of students is implemented
- More than 20 medical workers work on the basis of the Royal Ballet School for timely medical assistance to students.
Facilities and equipment at The Royal Ballet School
All students are given a place in a comfortable hostel, the division into buildings is based on the principle of gender and age.
Classrooms and dance classes are regularly updated. Assembly halls for open lessons and concerts are equipped with all necessary appliances and upholstered furniture.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of Junior or High School of Ballet, it is necessary to undergo a casting at which the applicant must reveal his creative potential and show his abilities.
International students, regardless of age, must have a guardian in the UK. The guardian must be a resident of the UK at the age of 25 years, fluent in English.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about The Royal Ballet School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.