Dwight School London
Description of Dwight School London
- Students age: from 2 to 18 years old,
- Location: London, United Kingdom,
- Founded: 1872,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: joint.
Dwight School London prepares young people to become leaders in the world. Students of the school are successfully enrolled in a program based on three pillars of education: the first is an individual approach to learning, the second is a commitment to a centuries-old community, and the third is a global vision.
In kindergarten, every day the child will study and get a lot of impressions, following his interests. During the day, children can engage and explore the world by playing not only indoors: being introduced to nature is an integral part of learning. After lunch, the children continue their studies in a more comfortable environment, where everyone can develop their interests and skills.
Senior and secondary schools include basic subjects: English, Mathematics, Social and Science, Languages and Arts. Students choose subjects that they will study at a deep level and write a research paper. The educational process includes not only classroom study, but also the use of the latest technologies in teaching.
Things to know about
The school has a rich history and today is one of the best schools in the world to offer education in the IB program.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dwight School London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Dwight London offers only full-time education, but students have the option of living in a rented apartment. Individual apartments are the most expensive accommodation option, but provide more space and privacy. The cost of living for such accommodation starts from £24,000 per academic year.
At the same time, the school provides a service for transporting students by school bus from home to school: children living in pre-agreed areas with the school are picked up every morning and brought home after school by the school bus.
Activities Dwight School London
Dwight School London offers a rich extracurricular life for students, including sports and cultural events, clubs and organizations that help develop students' interests and talents. The school has the opportunity to engage in music, theater, art, sports, scientific and technological research, participate in educational and cultural trips.
In the junior school, after-school clubs are held from 15:50 to 16:40, open during the week from Monday to Friday, with the exception of holidays. A child can enroll in no more than one club per day.
At Dwight High School, Dwight offers a diverse list of fun activities.
Some of the sought-after clubs are:
- Homework Club,
- Volleyball, basketball and baseball clubs,
- Tennis Club,
- Jazz and rock bands.
- In March 2022, during an independent inspection of schools, it was found that Dwight School London is a school with high scores in all areas. All requirements were recognized as met, and the academic and other achievements of students, their personal development were recognized as excellent. This is the highest ranking for an independent school.
- Dwight School London, like every IB World School, is regularly assessed to confirm that the standards and practices of its IB programme are maintained. In the latest assessment, the IB visiting team noted that "students were able to clearly identify how they make decisions and influence their own learning", that the school "very clearly demonstrated a deep understanding of and commitment to the IB philosophy".
Facilities and equipment at Dwight School London
For scientific activities, the school provides modern laboratories that provide an opportunity for in-depth study of biology, chemistry and physics. The laboratories are well equipped and allow for scientific research and experiments.
For the development of creative abilities, the institution has a modern theater: schoolchildren can participate in theatrical performances and musical performances. The school has dance studios where students can practice various types of dance, including classical ballet, hip-hop, and modern dance. There is a swimming pool and a large gym where you can play basketball, volleyball, tennis and other sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Introductory day for new students: September 5,
- Studies: September 6 – December 13,
- Holidays: October 21 – October 28.
- Staff Familiarization Day: 4 January,
- Studies: 5 January – 30 March,
- Holidays: February 13 – February 17.
- Studies: April 17 – July 7,
- May Day holidays: May 1,
- Mid-semester holidays: May 29 – June 2.
- Filling out and submitting the application form. In addition to completing the online application form, you must provide the following: passport photo, copy of birth certificate/passport, any education reports,
- After submitting the application form, you will need to pay a non-refundable fee of £200,
- After that, the applicant will receive an email confirming the student account and login information,
- Next comes the submission of supporting documents: a statement from the parents; a sample of written work (a short essay appropriate to the student's age, written in accordance with the proposed questions); language profile,
- The next step is to upload documents: copies of school reports for the previous two years (their translation into English), any other certificates or supporting documents that will help to get a more complete picture of the student,
- In the case of offering a place to assign it to the child, the parent/guardian will have to fill out an acceptance form and pay the fee.
The school has a competitive admissions process where only students with high grades and excellent motivation are admitted. Admission statistics change every year, but the total percentage of applicants is about 30%.
Graduates enter the best universities in the world. The school provides students with expert advice and resources to guide them through all stages of the university's admissions process. Dwight School London also draws on the expertise of the Dwight School New York Career Counselor for students applying to universities in North America. The IB is recognised as one of the best courses in the world, giving Dwight School London students a distinct advantage in the entry process. According to the Higher Education Statistics Agency: "IB students have a better chance than their A-Level peers to get into the top 20 universities in the UK and earn a first-class honours degree." Here are some of the universities with which Dwight School London cooperates, and the areas that are in demand among graduates:
- University of Cambridge: Chemical Engineering,
- Imperial College London: Chemical Engineering,
- University of York: Computer Science, Psycholog,
- University of Edinburgh: Mechanical Engineering, Astrophysics,
- University of Nottingham: Chemical Engineering,
- University College London (UCL): Chemical Engineering, Education, Biomedical Science.
- University of Toronto,
- University of British Columbia,
- Mcmaster University,
- Western University
United States of America:
- Northwestern University,
- Penn State,
- Fordham University,
- Loyola University Chicago,
- Loyola Marymount University
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Filling out the questionnaire and passing the interview,
- Providing information about the educational process , letters of recommendation and evaluation sheets,
- Next, the school selects students with high results and excellent motivation for learning.
Scholarships Dwight School London
Dwight School London is a non-selective school, it accepts students from diverse backgrounds with diverse abilities. Scholarships are awarded already during the admission process in order to highlight talented students who demonstrate great potential in successful study in the IB program and can make a significant contribution to the life of the school. To apply for the scholarship, you must contact the admissions office.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Dwight School London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.