The only university in Monaco is the Université de Monaco, the International University of Monaco,founded in 1986, a non-profit private higher education institution. Officially recognized by the National Directorate of Education, Youth and Sports of Monaco, the International University of Monaco (IUM) annually receives only 250-500 students.
IUM offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, master's and MBA courses in business, communications. The courses train business leaders, high-level managers from all over the world in such important areas of business as finance, luxury goods, marketing, sports business management, international management.
IUM has created an intercultural, interconnected, stimulating environment, encouraging entrepreneurship, collaboration, mutual understanding between students, teachers, staff.
Diplomas of the International University of Monaco open up opportunities in the international labor market for employment in Monaco: the university provides access to more than 5,000 European companies. Every year, IUM organizes a three-day event International Business Days with the participation of more than 70 companies, 400 students and graduates.
Other specialized higher education institutions of the principality include the School of Nursing, the Academy of Music, the Academy of Classical Dance and the School of Plastic Arts.
- L'Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers (IFSI – Nursing Preparation Institute) prepares students for a state diploma in nursing.
- L'École Supérieure d'Arts Plastiques (ESAP – Art School of Monaco) is administered by the Monaco City Hall, which issues diplomas of higher education in the field of art.
Admission Requirements to the University of Monaco
The International University of Monaco is distinguished by a diverse student body: it reflects not only the diversity of origin, cultures, nationalities, but also a wide range of personal interests, professional ambitions. The university is looking for candidates from all over the world with high potential, ready to share talent, ambitions with the community.
Package of documents for admission to the Université de Monaco
- High School Transcript & Diploma
- Photo for ID
- Copy of passport, national identity card
- Registration fee – 50€ (non-refundable, payable online).
Selection criteria for admission for international students:
- Diverse cultural experiences
- Abilities, academic potential (prizes, distinctions)
- Language skills
- Extracurricular activities (sports, artistic achievements)
- Motivation to study in the chosen field, presentation of career goals.
Why it is better to enter with SMAPSE?
Our specialists in international affairs, education in Europe, experts on the quality of the dossier offer full support of admission and work on a turnkey basis. Our team has many years of experience in entering different universities in Europe, studying abroad, student life in Europe, student exchanges, working in international teams, establishing contacts with different countries, as well as experience in scientific and research work at the international level.
Members of our team have gained invaluable experience in the transition from the status of a Russian student / entrant to a European one, we are ready to share this experience with you.
Our specialists will help you avoid mistakes when preparing a quality dossier for admission, they know what details determine a successful applicant, what should be taken into account by foreign students when applying to European universities.
The system of admission and admission in Russian-speaking universities is significantly different from the European one, it is necessary to take into account the nuances. Turning to specialists, the applicant multiplies the chances of successful enrollment many times, gets confidence in himself and his knowledge.
European universities pay great attention to self-presentation, the ability to formulate goals, motivation. The next important stage is the administrative procedure of admission, individual for each educational institution. Experts note that it is not necessary to be an excellent student, have a red diploma or medals - an ordinary certificate or credit is enough if you are already a student. More important is a real knowledge of the language, a great desire, a clear motivation to study in Europe. And otherwise trust our specialists, your dossier will be prepared in stages after an individual consultation.
What is included in SMAPSE services?
1st stage – consultation (from 1 to 2 hours)
- Choice of country of study
- Selecting a city(s)
- University Selection
- Determination of the level of the language: takes place in the format of a short interview in a foreign language with us within the framework of the courses / tutoring / school or university program taken by the applicant
- Search for academic programs that meet the criteria, level of preparation, expectations, budget
- Determination of the budget for education and calculation of average costs for living abroad
- Consultation on scholarships.
2nd stage – preparation of the dossier, admission
- Filling out and sending registration forms to the university
- Assistance in payment of registration fees
- Consultation on the passage of an interview in an educational institution (if necessary)
- Discussion of requirements for admission, compilation of a list of necessary documents for filing an application
- Specifying the deadlines for submitting applications to selected educational institutions
- Selection of the necessary international tests for passing, the right timing
- CV (resume), motivation letter, letters of recommendation
- Verification of the correctness of the translation, legalization of the diploma / school certificate
- On request – communication with partner translators, if the applicant finds it difficult to find a good translator
- Assistance, consulting support at each stage of admission
- Submission of dossiers.
3rd stage – support after admission
- Assistance in preparing a dossier at the consulate for obtaining a student visa
- Recommendations in choosing a future profession: study of the market of professions in the selected country, throughout Europe
- Consultation on employment prospects after education abroad or planning further education (MBA, doctoral studies)
- Providing additional information to help the country adapt quickly.
Grants and scholarships
Our experts provide advice on scholarships at the University of Monaco, help to prepare a dossier for requesting existing scholarships without guaranteeing its confirmation.
The IUM Scholarship for Merit-Based Undergraduate/Graduate Students will be awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, and significant contributions to the university's mission.
IUM offers "double scholarships" to students entering January 2021: they will be awarded to leading athletes, entertainers, innovative entrepreneurs or academics applying for one of the master's programs (Master's degree in Luxury Management, International Management, Sports Business Management) or Undergraduate. The size of the scholarship is about 5000 euros.