Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
Description of Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
The Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon (abbreviated as IPL ) or the Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa is a state-type higher education institution that has been active in scientific and academic work since the beginning of the distant 1985 in Portugal. Currently, the IPL University, with its main campus, is conveniently located in the capital city of Portugal - in Lisbon.
The university is considered to be medium in scale, since about 12,000 people study there every year. Students can choose the system of study - full-time or distance. Also, students and teaching staff have access to participate in various international exchange programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
This is a higher educational institution, which from year to year with enviable success holds the highest positions in the ranking of the top 20 universities in Portugal.
Facilities and equipment at Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
The university has at its disposal a large scientific library for students and academic staff. There is also a hostel and modern sports facilities on the campus. The Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon itself is known worldwide for its active development.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Each year, a certain amount of students can enter the university. A special admission committee takes its decision on the recruitment of freshmen, based on data on past academic performance. Also taken into account are the results of entrance exams. Not only residents of Portugal, but also the entire globe, claim places at the university.
Tuition fees at the Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
Education university leads for a fee for all students. But, at the same time, students can always count on small savings due to obtaining scholarships for academic success. The academic year is divided here traditionally into two semesters. For each semester, students pay an amount of $ 1,600. Anyone who would like to get a higher education at this university should pre-specify and check the relevance of all information about the activities of the university through the official website, as well as through the institution's pages in social networks (portal address http://www.ipl.pt ).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Polytechnic Institute of Lisbon
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.