Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
Description of Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
- Year of foundation: 2010
- Location: Paris, France
- Age of students: 17+
- Number of students: 20,000
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of residence: residence
- Language learning: English, French.
The multidisciplinary university has developed programs in all areas of knowledge, from science and engineering to art, humanities, and social sciences.
PSL is a young university that cultivates innovative ideas in education and positions itself as a new type of higher education institution, where Paris acts as a center of knowledge and a new opening horizon. In 2010, the university opened its doors to enterprising students who are in search of relevant knowledge and relevant specialties, gathered under one wing educational institutions with a rich history, faculty, and experience. It is a union of universities that have decided to unite to go on a journey through the 21st century together. Today, 17,000 local and foreign students study at PSL. The university is proud of its highly qualified teaching staff, who encourage students' innovative ideas and adhere to the principles of individual learning.
The university is proud of the unique spectrum of diverse disciplines that are taught in the following schools:
- World leader in the teaching of exact sciences - Collège de France, ENS, Observatoire de Paris, Institut Curie
- First-class engineering school - MINES ParisTech, ESPCI Paris, Chimie ParisTech
- Leading Center for the Study of Social and Human Sciences in France École des Chartes, EHESS, EPHE, EFEO
- Top institute in the field of pedagogical science and research activity Paris Dauphine
- The 5 best art schools in the world: Conservatoire National d'Art Dramatique, Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs, Beaux-Arts, and La Fémis.
All of these schools are united by a common strategy, teaching methods, technology transfer system. All institutions have a common budget and are involved in academic planning. Educational institutions exchange experiences, services, methodologies to effectively achieve common goals. Education documents are issued with one common name of the association - Paris Sciences et Lettres.
The main task of the university is to unlock the potential of students, to equip them with the necessary set of tools, skills, and skills, thereby contributing to the formation of a new generation of talented, progressive specialists. University students get access to an unparalleled premium education system covering all areas of knowledge.
The following principles formed the philosophy of university teaching:
- Interdisciplinary approach that stimulates the development of cognitive interest, the acquisition of breadth of knowledge, innovation at the intersection of culture, knowledge, methodology
- The study of any specialty passes through research, creativity, business orientation, thereby developing critical thinking, creativity, courage
- Teaching, aimed at the result in small classes, with an excellent ratio of the number of teachers and students, the possibility of easy access to all university research bases
- The principle of equal opportunity is the cultivation of talents in the face of diversity.
- 20 thousand students
- 4500 scientists
- 26 Nobel Laureates
- 384 registered patents per year
- 181 research center
- 95 libraries and museums.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are offered accommodation in comfortable student residences with all amenities:
- Air conditioners
- Laundry facilities
- Dining rooms
- Recreation areas.
Activities Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
The guardian of a unique heritage in the heart of Paris, the home of the best scientific institutions and art schools, the campus of the university is an ideal place for a rich student life. Year after year, cultural, creative, sporting events create a warm and friendly student atmosphere.
Here are some clubs from a huge number of student communities:
- Team Sports
- Women's football
- Jazz Modern
- Chess Club
- Music club and more.
Facilities and equipment at Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
The University has a huge infrastructure, which includes:
- 85 laboratories
- 75 museums
- 2nd largest campus in the world
- Research and Development Centers
- Hostel complex
- Sports complex
- Recreation centers
- Tennis courts
- Computer labs
- Medical institutions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
List of documents:
- Medical Card
- Certificate of language exams (French or English)
- Application for admission
- Officially certified and translated education documents
- Registration fee.
Scholarships Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
Students can apply for government grants from their home country and grants from commercial organizations and from the French government.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University Paris
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.