Own English High School in Sharjah
Description of Own English High School in Sharjah
- Year of foundation: 1982,
- Location: Sharjah,
- Age of students: 3-18,
- Number of students: 2000+,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of education: full-time private school only for boys.
It was founded more than 40 years ago, and in 2019 moved to a new suburb of Sharjah, Juwaiza, located 15 kilometers from the sharjah international airfield and 12 kilometers from the national park of the same name. Accepts boys from 4 to 18 years old. It operates under the patronage of the Central Council of Secondary Education in Delhi and prepares pupils for the All India High School Examination for Tenth Graders and the Matriculation Examination for 12th Graders.
Despite the fact that Arabs and Hindus prevail among the students, more than 50 nationalities are represented in total, which makes the educational environment multicultural, diverse, contributing to a bright and full-fledged dialogue of various cultural groups.
The school was founded in 1982, and in 2007 changed its place of residence to Muwaila, occupying a specially constructed building for this purpose. Over time, it became clear that the school was successful. The publication of the student almanac was started, a student radio station, a community of graduates appeared. In 2019, the school once again changed its residence permit and since then has been located in Juwayze, in a modern campus equipped with the latest technical thought.
The education is based on the program of the Central Council for Secondary Education - CBSE, providing a creative and balanced approach to gaining practical experience, strengthening knowledge and developing practical skills through various activities. The program is supported by years of successful practical application, complemented by the specific national focus of the UAE, the requirements of the local Ministry of Education and original experimental approaches.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Own English High School in Sharjah
Accommodation, meals, prices
Own English High School, Sharjah is located in Juwayza, a spacious and green new suburb a few kilometers from the national park and the international air hub.
Activities Own English High School in Sharjah
The program of extracurricular activities is diverse and is distinguished by entertainment and thoughtfulness - starting from the solemn dedication ceremony and up to the annual school thematic concert evenings, allowing to involve the entire student team in joint actions, encouraging the abilities for critical thinking, introspection and self-expression.
- Sports days, when children get the opportunity to get acquainted with individual and team sports disciplines, develop leadership qualities or strengthen team spirit;
- Thematic scientific colloquia, open to all comers;
- Sports competitions both within the school and with teams of other educational organizations;
- Various master classes in the field of fine and performing arts, making crafts from clay and fabrics, paper and stone;
- Exhibitions of works and design works of students;
- Quizzes and contests;
- Ecological Club;
- Earth Day Celebrations;
- Excursions outside the school, visits to museums, factories, parks and wildlife centers, picnics in the fresh air;
- Intellectual, cultural and sports activities of an inter-school nature;
- The annual October school football tournament;
- International Prize of the Duke of Edinburgh for boys aged 14 and over.
- Interactive, child-centred learning with a particular focus on practical life skills;
- Competitive spirit of healthy competition;
- A combination of innovation and tradition.
Facilities and equipment at Own English High School in Sharjah
The new, purpose-built campus for primary, middle and senior secondary school boys is well equipped with:
- An excellent library with an impressive selection of periodicals, newspapers and fiction, reference and educational literature, equipped with a convenient subject and systematic index, with convenient Internet access and a large number of full-text subscription resources;
- Multifunctional assembly hall for meetings, events, sports and other events;
- Art studio with Internet access and all necessary equipment;
- Rooms for music rehearsals and a set of wind, string and keyboard instruments, a drum kit;
- Canteen and cafeteria, where students can have a snack or purchase drinks throughout the day;
- A shop where you can buy textbooks, notebooks, stationery and a number of other goods at a special price, as well as uniforms;
- The medical center, in which 2 doctors and 4 nurses are on permanent duty, conducts regular medical examinations and medical examinations;
- 2 ICT laboratories with a set of necessary peripherals, multimedia equipment and Internet access;
- Classrooms with interactive 75-inch LED whiteboards, LCD projectors, TVs and stereo equipment.
Along with academic schools, the school also provides sports needs for children and adolescents. Along with physical education lessons and daily gymnastics, schoolchildren can use a variety of indoor and outdoor sports facilities, play badminton and basketball, tennis and cricket. A football field with artificial turf and a swimming pool are available.
- Registration (starts in September);
- Obtaining a registration number (it is necessary to save, because the school does not process letters without specifying the number);
- Uploading a package of documents;
- Payment of the registration deposit – and you can expect a response from the school.
The answer may be:
- Unconditionally affirmative - the child is enrolled in school;
- Conditionally affirmative - enrollment will be made as soon as there are places, on a first-come, first-served basis;
- Negative (the child is not accepted).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in the school, you must provide a package of documents, including:
- A copy of the student's passport with a valid visa;
- UAE student ID card (if any);
- Copies of parents' passports;
- Birth certificate;
- The last report cards for two years;
- A certified copy of the certificate and report card for the last semester / quarter / trimester.
All documents must be submitted in English or Arabic or provided with a certified translation into these languages.
The most important criterion for admission is academic performance at the previous place of study. Admission may be denied in case of poor academic performance of the student.
Enrollment in grades 2 to 11 is subject to availability.
To enroll in kindergarten, a child must be 4 years old by March 31 of the current year, in grade 1 - 6 years.
Scholarships Own English High School in Sharjah
The school offers a discount for families with siblings: 10% for 2 children, 15% for 3 children, 20% for 4 or more; the discount is provided for the period of simultaneous study at school and is subject to annual recalculation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Own English High School in Sharjah
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.