Description of Otago Polytechnic
- Established: 1870
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 10,000
- Location: Cromwell, Central Otago, Australia
- Type: state.
The Otaga Polytechnic University originates in 1870 from the Faculty of Fine Arts. It is considered to be the oldest polytechnic university in the country.
The institution regularly ranks first in the country's educational rankings: the National Educational Certification Commission in New Zealand NZQA awarded OtagoPolytechnic the first highest category, and, in the opinion of the Government'sTertiaryEducationCommission , Otag Polytechnic University is the country's leader in the number of successful graduates.
Branches of the university are located in three major cities in Australia: Auckland, Dunedin and Cromwell.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Otago Polytechnic
- A large percentage of practical classes: in some specialties, the practical part is 200 hours
- Nearly 150 years of experience in training qualified professionals
- An extensive number of educational programs: today there are more than 100
- All specialties are internationally recognized.
- After graduation, foreign graduates can automatically receive a two-year work visa
- The opportunity to undergo training in international exchange programs, subject to academic performance not lower than level B
- Practice at top companies: Coca Cola, Kiwi Steel, Adecco, Hilton Hotels
- The teaching corps consists of 700 scientists, professors, doctors and candidates of sciences.
Facilities and equipment at Otago Polytechnic
Comfortable student dormitories with possible single occupancy are located on the territory of all campuses. In each room - furniture, air conditioning, Internet access.
At the disposal of students are sports complexes, cafeterias, libraries, design laboratories, research institutes. Student councils and comprehensive student assistance bodies function.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Age - over 18 years old
- Proof of completed secondary education
- IELTS 6.5+ for undergraduate programs, for graduate programs - IELTS 7.5+.
If a foreign university has an English level lower than required, he will be offered language courses at the university, which are accepted even with the smallest language knowledge.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Otago Polytechnic
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.