Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
Description of Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
- Year of foundation: 2003;
- Location: Dublin, Ireland;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Age of students: 18+ years.
Oscars International is conveniently located in the heart of Dublin with active transport links, within walking distance from the Temple Bar music district, the busy shopping street Grafton Street, Trinity College, Dublin Castle, St. Stephen’s Park. At the beginning of each course, a walking tour of the center of Dublin is organized for students, and Oscars staff will help program participants choose the best routes and places to explore the city.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
Accommodation, meals, prices
The OSCARS International accommodation team helps language program participants find suitable accommodation within the chosen budget. Accommodation options:
- Student dormitory - they are located in close proximity to the school or public transport stop, offer rooms from single to shared, shared showers and kitchen, internet access.
- Host families is a popular option. Host families are carefully selected, regularly visited by an accommodation specialist, many of them have a lot of student enrollment experience and help them to use their time in Ireland with maximum benefit and pleasure. Host families are located no more than 45 minutes by public transport from the school in the center of Dublin and offer students a separate room, shared bathroom, kitchen. Homestay allows you to enhance the effect of learning through communication with English-speaking local people in an informal setting. Accommodation includes breakfast and dinner.
- Student apartments are an option for independent students ready for self-catering. All apartments and houses are no more than 30 minutes from the school, have good transport links to the city center. The apartments offer single rooms with shared bathroom, kitchen, living room (TV + Wi-Fi), washing machine, dryer.
- Apartments - OSCARS International specialists select apartments for program participants in accordance with their individual wishes.
- Summer Residence Dorset Point offers accommodation in the summer. It is located on one of the most important streets north of the Liffey in Dublin, 10 minutes walk from the city center (the residence is easily accessible by public transport). Single rooms are equipped with a bathroom; WiFi access; there is a common kitchen, weekly linen change and cleaning.
Activities Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
Studying English at the Oscars language school invites you to make a trip to one of the most interesting and vibrant cities in the world - Dublin. Program opens up many opportunities for meeting new people, exploring an extraordinary city, traveling around Ireland. During a busy program of activities, including free and discounted leisure activities, students practice English outside the classroom.
Possible excursions and trips:
- Dublin City Tour;
- Visit to Glendalough and Bray;
- Inspection of the Museum of Trinity College;
- Bike Ride in Phoenix Park;
- Visit to the National Water Center;
- Excursion to the ship Ginny Johnson;
- EPIC Ireland Program.
Oscars International specializes in providing cultural and educational experiences, offering high-quality English language teaching for students from around the world, both as part of individual and group programs. The language school offers a wide range of specialized programs and services in English that can satisfy a variety of needs. The purpose of program is to help students progress quickly thanks to a well-designed program, proven techniques and individual attention from the school team. Rich programs can improve your English proficiency by exploring one of the most beautiful and unusual cities in the world.
Experienced, qualified teachers provide a dynamic, innovative program, complemented by the latest digital learning technologies. Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, access to modern multimedia materials to enrich the lessons.
Facilities and equipment at Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
Dublin School Oscars International is equipped with modern, comfortable and spacious rooms:
- Student lounge;
- Computers with Internet access;
- WIFI throughout the school;
- Library with books, DVDs and other tutorials;
- Cafe, snack bars, vending machines.
All facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Admission dates and extra charges
Types of educational programs:
- General English:
- Intensive English (+ skill modules & electives);
- Standard English (+ skill modules);
- Essential English;
- Essential English Plus (one-to-one classes).
- Business English:
- Business English;
- Executive one-to-one.
- Exam English:
- Essential IELTS;
- Essential Cambridge;
- General English Plus IELTS;
- General English Plus BEC;
- General English Plus Cambridge.
- Combination Courses:
- English & Music;
- English & Individual Sports;
- English & Dance.
- Professional courses:
- Study & Travel non EU;
- English & Work Experience;
- English & Internship Placement;
- Off Season Group Mini-Stays September-June.
Course duration - from 1 to 24 weeks, except for professional internships.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 EUR
- Registration fee (for accommodation) 70 EUR
- Express mail 100 EUR
- Transfer (one way) 90 EUR
- Study materials 40 EUR
- Medical insurance 140 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Minimum age - 18 years (except for the programs of the language camp Oscars Junior );
- Proficiency in English - Pre Intermediate or higher, Elementary - Course Executive One-to-One;
- English proficiency level for professional programs - Intermediate, Upper Intermediate.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Oscars International Dublin (Oscars language school)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.