Oporto Global University
Description of Oporto Global University
- Year of foundation: 1986
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Language of instruction: Portuguese, English
- Type of study: private university.
Oporto Global University (Universidade Portucalense, UPT) is a private institution of higher education in Portugal that concentrates and transmits knowledge in broad areas and has advanced experience in higher education. The employment rate of university graduates demonstrates that studying at UPT leads to a successful career in the future. Portucalense is a unique place that combines interdisciplinary and innovative approaches that allow you to develop strong skills and knowledge in various fields.
Porto is located in the north of Portugal, on the right bank of the Douro River. It is the country's second largest city with a population of over 1.3 million, known for its port, bridges, ancient and modern architecture. The historic center of Porto since 1996 is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is a center of educational and research achievements, standing out for its technological and scientific innovations that attract students from all over the country and from abroad.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Oporto Global University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Oporto Global University does not provide housing for students, students choose accommodation options on their own. Before arriving in Porto, it is recommended to book a room in a hostel or hotel for the first time, most students rent a room in a shared apartment for a long time. UPT has a dining room, open from 12 to 14 hours. Opposite the university building is the Campus S. João shopping center, which has a food court, open from 10:00 to 22:00.
Accommodation and meals:
- The cost of a single room in a shared apartment is 200-300 € / month. In most cases, students pay a security deposit for their stay in the amount of 1 month rent, which they receive back at the end of their stay.
- The cost of a full meal in the dining room (soup, main course - meat / fish, dessert, bread, water / juice) - approx. 4 €.
Activities Oporto Global University
The university has various student organizations and clubs.
Portucalense is working on a project for the development of tourist routes that explore the historical places of Portugal, major cities and small settlements. Traveling on them will help to learn the history, cultural and religious aspects of the life of the country.
- Oporto Global University is ISO 9001 certified and is recognized by the Portuguese Government, the Portuguese Agency for Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation. UPT's research unit is certified by the Portuguese Research Funding Agency FCT.
- The university consists of four departments: legal, economic, management and informatics, heritage and tourism, psychology and education. They offer undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs structured according to the Bologna process.
- UPT students have the opportunity to conduct research projects, conduct practical research, develop various types of skills necessary for work, future career and life in a competitive global society.
- The best researchers conduct intensive collaborative research with partners around the world, provide best practices in the field of hedging, and help ensure sustainable global development.
- The extensive experience of working with foreign students, leading teachers, an energetic learning community, social responsibility, an exciting, tolerant and multicultural environment of Portugal contribute to the development of personal, interpersonal, cultural and intercultural skills that are essential for achieving professional success in a global world.
Facilities and equipment at Oporto Global University
UPT offers an extensive modern campus, renowned for its technological innovations, whose goal is to provide students attending practical courses. The university offers various computer classes available 24 hours a day and complemented by a wireless network, several zones for independent work and communication. There is also a library, forums, dining room, bars, covered and open terraces, parking.
Admission dates and extra charges
For courses taught in Portuguese:
- Application - 169 €
- Registration - 180 € (payable in February)
- School insurance - 30 €
- Request for recognition and accreditation of competencies - € 181
- Tuition (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) - 3783 € / year.
- Tuition (part-time) - 3026 € / year
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Term 1 - June 30
- Semester 2 - November 30th.
Before arriving at UPT, applicants must send the following documents via e-mail:
- One scanned photo
- Certificate of complete secondary education or other document confirming the right to enter the university
- Excerpts for the last two years from the last place of study
- Copy of ID or Passport
- A copy of a European medical card or insurance document.
The application must be signed and sealed.
The certificate and discharge must be translated into Portuguese if they are not issued in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish, and approved by the consular service.
Upon admission applicants take an entrance exam in the core disciplines:
Mathematics / Economics
English language / history
Economy / Geography
Scholarships Oporto Global University
- Quality promotion scholarships: for 1 year students who have completed secondary education with a high average grade.
- Merit scholarships: for students who have demonstrated high academic results in the previous academic year.
- Scholarships for students with financial difficulties.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Oporto Global University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.