Today experts will talk about the International Year One Plus, IYO in Politics and International Relations programs and the new Pathways Preview program. Let's start in order and quickly recall that you can enroll in any IYO program with a school certificate - you don't need 12 years of study anywhere else. Discounts are available for each of the options below up to 3,000 £.
International Year One Plus is an IYO Business program that will begin in July 2020 and will help you progress immediately to the 2nd year of the university in the fall of 2021. This program combines in a short period of time the Foundation program and the IYO program in a softer format than the standard IYO. This is an opportunity for students to start studying online in July and continue on campus as soon as the opportunity arises, not starting from scratch. English language requirements correspond to Foundation - IELTS UKVI 5.5 ( no bands below 4.5); score requirements are lower than our other IYO requirements - from 3 out of 5 for Russia and Central Asia, from 6 out of 12 for Ukraine;
Where is this program offered?
- Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent, UWE Bristol, Brighton - 18,940 £
- Westminster - 20,980 £
- Aston - 21,980 £
- Essex - 23,240 £
The second novelty is International Year One in Politics and International Relations at the University of Essex International College !
The rankings speak for themselves:
- UK # 5 for politics according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
- # 29 in the world for politics and international relations according to QS World Rankings 2020
After the IYO, students can progress to the second year of one of the specialties below:
- BA (Hons) International Development
- BA (Hons) International Relations
- BA (Hons) Politics
- BA (Hons) Politics and International Relations
There are several programs to choose from with different start dates and requirements:
1.September 2020 - 3 semesters
Requirements: IELTS 4.5
Price *: 18,180 £
2. October 2020 - 2.5 semesters
Requirements: IELTS 5.0
Price *: 18,180 £
3.January 2021 - 2 semesters
Requirements: IELTS 5.5
Price *: 16,880 £
The third novelty is Pathways Preview.
This is the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), a course that is available to all students who have confirmed their place and are preparing to study online and blended. On average, it will take about 2-3 weeks to go through and study all the material, 2 hours a day.
This platform allows students to:
- get access to materials that help prepare for digital learning and understand what it is.
- watch some of the recorded video tutorials to see what the online learning format looks like
- request to join a live class
- learn about the nuances of the social and non-academic sphere of student life
- contact college and ... much more !!
Students who start in July will receive their links to access the portal very soon, and students starting in September will be able to get them closer to the start of their studies.