Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
Description of Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
- Established: 2021
- Location: Montreux, Switzerland
- Students age: 16-19 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private school.
Montreux International School is the first VIE Education school dedicated to providing an innovative, sustainable business education that combines international programs with unmatched hands-on industry experience.
MIS sees its mission in providing valuable life skills, personalized study packages and academic qualifications leading to student success. This approach allows graduates to quickly make a worthy and successful career. Among the MIS partners:
- Swiss Education Group
- Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
- Hotel Institute Montreux
- School of Hotel Management Switzerland
- Swiss Hotel Management School.
Switzerland is located in the heart of Europe, surrounded by France, Italy, Austria, Liechtenstein and Germany. The multicultural environment is inspiring and safe, and the campus is well located to reach most of Europe's major cities in a matter of hours by train, plane or car.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Students are accommodated in double standard bedrooms in state-of-the-art facilities. MIS offers single rooms at an additional cost.
- Students are provided with three meals a day, seven days a week. Lunch will be provided for day school students five days a week.
Activities Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
Extracurricular activities are an integral part of the school's mission, providing students with opportunities to pursue individual interests, to develop talents, and to prepare for life after school.
Students have access to a rich program of activities both during and after their studies.
- Student government
- Charity committees
- Discussion group.
Extracurricular activities are directly related to the curriculum, designed to improve and expand learning opportunities. They allow students to learn new things and give them the chance to excel in additional areas.
- MIS is an international co-educational school for students aged 16-19 who wish to study business and hospitality. The school offers a structured and challenging approach and develops a wide range of technical skills. The world-class qualifications obtained from MIS will open up exciting further education and career opportunities at prestigious global universities and large business companies.
- The diverse and engaging student experience of MIS promotes problem-finding and problem-solving in an interdisciplinary setting: students apply skills and knowledge, learn to make connections between subject disciplines and the real world.
- MIS is a Candidate School for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Professional Education Program and has been approved as an IB World School.
- IB World Schools share a common philosophy of striving to improve teaching and learning for a diverse and inclusive student community, offering challenging, high-quality international education programs.
- MIS is part of VIE Education, a school group set up by former International Baccalaureate (IB) Global Heads, John Halligan (IB Development and Recognition Leader) and Damian Bacchu (DP / CP Program Development Leader). Together they have over 50 years of international education experience and 30 years of IB leadership experience.
Facilities and equipment at Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
Montreux International School uses modern technology to create a secure and dynamic online ecosystem as part of a mixed learning approach designed to enhance the student experience and support the development of essential knowledge and skills. Teachers, students and parents have access to the best digital learning content, learning data and communication tools anytime, anywhere.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Application fee (non-refundable)
- Admission fee - one-time payment in the first year of study
- 30% of the tuition fees as collateral will be deducted from the total tuition fees
- Deposit (medical expenses, etc.). This amount is refundable if it has not been used within a year after graduation or leaving school.
- The school will charge up to 10% of the tuition fees as a re-registration deposit: this amount is deducted from the total tuition fees.
- Uniforms are issued to students at the beginning of each year. Additional blazers and other items are available at an additional cost.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants fill out a student request form, after which the administration requests additional documents.
Parents of prospective students fill out a questionnaire, provide information about the strengths, talents, interests of the child and any possible problems that he may face.
Applicants take the CAT4 test, provide a certificate of 4 I / GCSE exams, a MYP certificate (28 points), including English and mathematics or equivalents.
Scholarships Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
MIS will exceptionally provide a 10% discount on tuition fees for any student starting September 2021 or September 2022.
Those who have paid for studying for 6 months are given a discount of up to 2.5% of the cost of education.
Discount for siblings - 5% for the second child, 10% for the third child (cannot be combined with other offers).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Montreux International School (MIS), Montreux International School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.