Description of Meoncross School
- Established: 1953
- Location: Stubbington, Fareham, Hampshire, England
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 400
- Type of institution: private school.
Meoncross School is a mixed school founded in 1953. The private school in Hampshire is a great place to develop and educate children of all ages. The institution regularly confirms the high level of teaching during the successful passing of exams and entrance examinations by students.
The educational structure includes a kindergarten, primary, secondary and high school, due to which a holistic process of training and education of children from 2.5 to 16 years is carried out. Due to the fact that most students go through all the levels of training at Meoncross School, are familiar with each other and teachers since childhood, a real family atmosphere reigns in the school.
Pupils who have difficulties with study receive various forms of support: intra-class assistance, work in small groups or individual sessions with teachers. The school works closely with the educational and methodological bodies of the county, which, if necessary, assist in the preparation of individual programs for children.
The Learning Support Department can offer testing as a first step in identifying the learning needs of a particular student. In accordance with the rules of the Joint Qualifications Council (JCQ), if necessary, the school can organize additional lessons in English or mathematics, extracurricular consultations in preparation for the GCSE or A-level exams.
In order to help students adapt in society, the teachers are faced with the task of educating them in moral values, responsibility, self-esteem, which begins to be realized from the age of two in kindergarten. To help raise social responsibility among older students help wards charity foundations, including:
- Small steps
- Retts uk
- Naomi House
- Jack's place
- Cancer research
- The haven
- Off the Record.
Children raise money at charity evenings through the sale of fancy dress, baked pastries, and participation in festivals and concerts.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Meoncross School
Activities Meoncross School
Student clubs and communities work throughout the year, offering students different ways to broaden their horizons, try new activities, discover hidden talents and become intellectually and culturally savvy outside the curriculum. Each student must attend at least one club meeting per week.
Children play sports: tennis, football, netball, hockey, rugby, cricket.
The school offers great opportunities for the development of musical abilities: singing in a choir, participating in a saxophonist group, orchestra and instrumental ensembles. Pupils are taught theoretical lectures on composition and music theory.
Children with theatrical abilities participate in independently staged summer musicals and autumn performances according to Shakespeare.
- Newspaper club
- Discussion Club
- Cinema club
- First aid club
- Table games
- Computer coding
For students, the Beach School works, in which, under the supervision of experienced teachers, students get acquainted with nature, learn to experiment and work in a team, develop interest in the environment. Classes are held outdoors: on the beach or in the reserve.
- Holistic educational environment
- Family atmosphere among teachers and students
- Modern material and technical base
- Possibility to get a discount on training
- Admission of foreign students thanks to the help of guardianship families
- Active involvement of parents in school life
- Education of social responsibility even among the youngest students.
Facilities and equipment at Meoncross School
The school is located outside the city in a secluded quiet place. Each educational structure has its own building.
The educational building of the kindergarten includes game rooms, recreation rooms, a dining room, an assembly hall, a sports ground. The school has a playground.
Elementary, secondary and high schools are located in different buildings designed according to a similar principle:
- Equipped classrooms
- Gyms and grounds
- Scientific laboratories
- Computer classes.
In the area adjacent to the school buildings, there are fields for team games and playgrounds for outdoor activities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at Meoncross School consists of trimesters. The beginning of training is September 5, the end is July 10. The kindergarten works year-round without interruptions.
The cost of studying does not include delivery (paid separately if necessary), some additional classes, extended day group.
When submitting documents, a registration fee of £ 150 is paid and a deposit of £ 350 is paid.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Meoncross School , you must:
- Submit an online application on the school website
- Come at the appointed time to get acquainted with the school and the leadership
- Visit trial day
- Get an invitation from school management to start training
- Pay the entry fee and make a deposit.
Scholarships Meoncross School
If the student shows high academic results, he gets the opportunity to participate in a scholarship program, which includes a 25% discount on tuition and full reimbursement of expenses for the child’s sports and creative development. Students from Year 5 through Year 7 have the opportunity to receive scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Meoncross School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.