London International Academy private school
Description of London International Academy private school
- Year of foundation: 2002
- Location: London, Canada
- Age of students: 11-18 years old
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of studying: mixed
Despite the fact that the school was recently founded, it has already successfully established itself in the field of education among international students, as graduates successfully enter prestigious universities and receive high scholarships. At the beginning of the school year, all foreign students meet with a consultant who helps to draw up a curriculum and throughout the year monitors student progress in the field of academic achievements, career and education, and participation in extracurricular and public events.
According to students, the residential school Canada has all the conditions in order to master English proficiency: teachers are native speakers, there is an opportunity to participate in debates, discussion clubs, a literary circle or give a speech to the public.
Here you can get a quality education that meets high international standards. There is a popular cultural exchange program that is held from July to August: its main advantage is the ability to be immersed in another cultural environment and practice English in real life.
According to statistics, more than 90% of school graduates successfully enter TOP universities in Canada and the United States.
The school has two programs: OSSD (Ontario secondary school diploma) and IB (International Baccalaureate).
Things to know about
Programs and prices, tuition fees in London International Academy private school
Accommodation, meals, prices
- For foreign students, the private school London International Academy provides an opportunity to live in one of two school residences. One of which is two minutes walk from the school, and the second - six minutes.
Accommodation is available in a single room or in a common room for 4 people. Residency security is provided around the clock, so parents have nothing to worry about while studying and staying with their students. The rooms have everything you need to study and relax, as well as a shared laundry, kitchen and living room.
During school days, student dine on the school’s territory, other meals are organized at the discretion of the student, most often it is inexpensive meals in the cafeteria and café.
- The second option for accommodation while studying abroad is a host family. The school administration carefully selects families in which foreign students could live.
Activities London International Academy private school
The school administration holds events for its students all year round and organizes outings, picnics, trips, and holidays during their free time.
For sports enthusiasts, the following sports are available:
- Football and others.
Throughout the year, students can attend various sections and clubs of interest:
- Book club
- 3D printing
- Learning french
- Learning spanish
- Business club
- Computer programming
- Board games, video games and others.
For those who want to participate in social activities there is an opportunity to be a volunteer in charitable organizations.
List of activities for students:
- Student Council Elections
- Halloween party
- Photo Contest
- Spring Festival
- Basketball Tournament
- Christmas party and concert
- Basketball game
- Ping-pong tournament and others.
- Small groups
- Friendly atmosphere
- The unique program STEM
- Opportunity to live near the school
- Rich infrastructure
- First-class teaching staff
- High academic performance among students
- Availability of cultural exchange program
- Individual counseling at the beginning of the year.
Facilities and equipment at London International Academy private school
The private school London International Academy uses the latest equipment in its work, and the classrooms are equipped with everything necessary for practical exercises, such as conducting experiments and scientific research. On the school territory there are:
- Places for self-study
- Creative studios
- Sports fields
- Platforms for games and communication
- Medical room
- Computer classrooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year is divided into 4 quarters:
- First: from September to December
- Second: from January to the end of April
- Third: from May to the end of June
- Fourth: July to September
The school offers great scholarship opportunities, ranging from 25 - 50 % off tuition. Additional expenses related to studies and accommodation are paid separately:
- Registration fee
- Accommodation, food
- School uniform
- Guardianship fee
- Round trip flight
- Round trip
- Consular and visa fees
- Guardian services
- Service fee for the selection of programs and preparation of documents
- Medical insurance
- Educational materials, textbooks, books
- Optional excursions and entertainment
- Entrance fee
- English courses
- Additional individual lessons
- School development fees
- Tuition deposit
- Personal pocket money.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The London International Academy accepts applications all year round with four specific admission periods. International students are advised to apply as early as possible, since obtaining a study permit at the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate may take a long time. It is recommended to apply a year before the start of program and no later than mid-January.
For foreign students, an online application with scanned documents is submitted.
List of documents for the online application:
- LIA Student Online Application Form
- Scanned passport image
- Grade report for the last three years of study
- Recommendations (optional).
The ranking sheet will need to be translated into English. After processing the application, you must pay a $ 5,000 deposit for education and $ 300 for reviewing the application.
All incoming students take an exam on the knowledge of mathematics and English to assess the level of preparation of a foreign student, the results are taken into account when considering an application for admission.
Also, for successful enrollment, a student must have a guardian living in Canada who is willing to take responsibility for the student while he is in the country. Another prerequisite for studying in Canada is the availability of health insurance.
It is recommended to apply for admission one year before the start of the school year: you can apply online, as well as an interview with a school representative via Skype or phone.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about London International Academy private school
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.