The University of Western Ontario or Western University (UWO) is a non-profit public public institution of higher learning founded on March 3, 1878 in the city of London (Canada) by Bishop Isaac Hellmuth of the Anglican Diocese of Huron. The UWO received its first students in 1881 with four faculties: Arts, Theology, Law and Medicine. Over the years of its existence, the university has become a top educational institution in Canada, currently occupying 8th place in the country and 198th position among the world's best institutions of higher education.
The University of Western Ontario has over 28,000 students. This is a major educational institution. The academic staff of the university - 1620 teachers. 17% of the student community are from other countries of the world. UWO has exchange programs for students and teachers. This trend allows to improve the quality of education, using the achievements of foreign specialists in teaching and research activities.
Students have access to both fixed and distance learning, eleven faculties, postgraduate and doctoral studies, as well as three university-related colleges that provide a wide choice for education. Western University offers over 400 different specializations, at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. Here are opened educational faculties, where you can choose interesting curricula:
The rating of this school is quite high. It is prestigious to receive education at UWO, thanks to the high quality of education (the institution is in the TOP-300 among the universities of the world) and credibility among employers. University graduates have high chances to quickly find a decent job in a successful company.
The University of Western Ontario is a member of the following associations and groups:
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
The University of Western Ontario occupies a leading position among research universities in Canada. Its scientists conduct research and promote knowledge that provides tangible benefits for the economic, social and cultural development of Canadians, as well as at the global level.
The university constantly conducts active scientific research in various fields of science (including fundamental and applied discoveries). Among the recent recent studies are the following:
The campus is located in the city limits of London. On campus there are educational buildings, student dormitories, a library, laboratories, classrooms for training and training, a cinema, a concert hall, sports and gyms, cafeterias, canteens and cafes.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.