Description of Lipscomb University
- Established: 1891
- Location: Nashville, USA
- Students age: from 16 years
- Number of students: 4600
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: residence, full board.
Lipscomb University is a private Christian university of higher education located in Nashville. The history of the institution began in 1981 - it was immediately focused on providing a wide range of practical skills in parallel with biblical research. The founders of the school were David Lipscomb and James A. Harding, who believed in a fundamental education based on languages (including Latin and Greek), including the study of mathematics, logic, metaphysics and natural sciences.
Today Lipscomb University is considered one of the leading Christian universities in the country. For example, in 2018, the university took 4th place in the list of the best higher educational institutions of the country in a religious format.
Every year, at Lipscomb University, more than 4,500 students receive high-quality higher education in various fields - from undergraduate accounting and doctorate in pharmacy. The student to teacher ratio is 14: 1.
The global mission of Lipscomb University is to provide students from all over the world with a Christian education based on five concepts: faith, community, knowledge, innovation, service.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lipscomb University
Accommodation, meals, prices
For placement at the time of study, Lipscomb University offers students several comfortable dormitories on campus plus accommodation options outside.
- Elam Hall Residence (up to 325 girls). Freshman dormitory with rooms for 1-4 people
- Residence Fanning Hall (up to 270 girls). Luxury hostel, where each room has 4 bedrooms, a living room and a hotel bathroom.
- Residence Johnson Hall (up to 292 girls). A hostel for high school students where they can choose between traditional rooms and suites. The building has its own courtyard
- Residence High Rise. The largest male dormitory at the university (up to 381 people): on the building of 8 floors, each of which has living rooms and two shared bathrooms. There are also vending machines and a computer room
- Residency Sewell Hall. cozy residential complex for men (up to 136 people). The hostel has a lobby with a TV and table tennis, two shared bathrooms on each floor, a computer room, a laundry room
- Residential complex The Village. Residential buildings with a total capacity of 157 people (two for women and two for men)
- Bison Hall. The second type of accommodation in the residential complex The Village: 2-bed rooms with a private bathroom + flexible meal plan.
The listed residences for students have prepared the necessary amenities:
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
- Computer labs
- Cable TV
- Free laundry
- Access to the kitchen (limited)
- Vending machines
- Shared bathrooms
- Shared living quarters
- Beds, tables, dressers, wardrobe in each room.
As for nutrition, there are six plans for Lipscomb University students, the cost of which varies from $ 75 to $ 600 per semester. Different types of food allow you to choose the type of diet that suits a particular student - from the classic menu to vegetarian, dietary or allergenic.
Activities Lipscomb University
Lipscomb University is the place where academic knowledge on a clear schedule goes along with the spiritual, intellectual or creative development of students. In their free time, young people can go in for athletics with Division I, join one of 70 student clubs.
- Board games club
- Campus Veterans Organization
- College of Democrats
- Republican College
- Philosophical Club
- Sigma Pi Beta
- “You Are Not Alone” (YNA).
- Lipscomb Bass Fishing Team
Hiking in the nearby mountains, which are usually held on weekends, is very popular among Lipscomb University students. In addition, the university has a busy calendar of events that are traditionally held during the school year.
Facilities and equipment at Lipscomb University
The Lipscomb University campus is a beautifully landscaped area of 113 acres. The campus infrastructure includes more than 20 thousand square meters. pounds of sports fields, as well as gyms, basketball and rocketball courts, a spinning studio, an indoor treadmill and a locker room. The center of sports life of the university is concentrated in Bison Square.
Also on the territory of the student city there are places for a snack and rest: Bison cafe, food court, Starbucks, The Connection, television areas, our bookstore. Shamblin Theater or the Flatt Amphitheater will allow you to attend theatrical performances. For educational activities on the campus there are comfortable classrooms, modern equipment, conference rooms for various events.
Lipscomb University has a very favorable location in such a large city with various opportunities as Nashville. The university campus is located in the thriving urban area of Green Hills, just minutes from the center: according to US News & World Report, Nashville was among America's top 15 places most suitable for life.
Admission dates and extra charges
The course price includes:
- Academic program.
- Registration fee for reviewing the application - $ 50
- Meals and accommodation - $ 13380 / year
- Other fees - $ 2664 / year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the ranks of students of the American University of Lipscomb, foreign students need to go through several stages of the enrollment process:
- Fill out an online application on the university website. Filing an application includes an interview (by phone or in person)
- Prepare a short essay and arrange an interview
- Send official transcripts of the candidate for the last few years of study (report card in various subjects)
- Take one of the standard English proficiency tests. Passing test scores: TOEFL (550 points paper test, from 80 - online version); IELTS - from 6.5 and above, ACT - from 20 points and above; SAT - at least 480.
When all of the above steps have been completed, the foreign applicant only has to wait for a response from the admissions committee, which usually comes two weeks after the last step. After that, you can apply for a visa and pay for tuition.
Lipscomb University provides an English language exam preparation program - an English for Academic Purpose (EAP) course that foreign applicants can take to raise their language level to the required level.
You can contact International Student Services to resolve other issues that arise during the admission process.
Scholarships Lipscomb University
Lipscomb University believes in the value of the education offered, therefore it is ready to provide financial support to those who seek to receive a quality education within its walls. The university offers various scholarships, grants at the local or federal level.
According to internal statistics, 99% of university freshmen receive financial assistance, and the average amount of financial support is $ 24,000.
Types of financial assistance:
- Scholarships. More than 15 options for freshmen, athletes, excellent students and not only
- Grants. Financial support allocated by the institution or an external organization, depending on the financial needs of the student. Lipscomb students can receive about 10 types of grants
- Federal education. A training format in which a student has the opportunity to attend couples and at the same time work part-time to earn money to pay for tuition
- Financial loan. A certain amount allocated by a federal or private source in the name of the student or his parents. Such funds shall be refunded at the indicated time.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Lipscomb University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.