Oxford camp (Christ Church), based on one of Oxford's most famous colleges, accepts international students over 16 years old for summer studying courses. Classes are held in the historic building of the Church of Christ. It was founded in 1524. In the college 13 British Prime Ministers studied. Learning English at the Oxford summer camp is an excellent opportunity to improve your knowledge, language skills, plunge into the British cultural environment and get acquainted with peculiarities of academic process at one of the most prestigious colleges of the famous Oxford.
At a Glance. Program for students focused on in-depth study of English.
About the course. The intensive course provides an academic load of 27 hours per week. At the lessons students study grammar, vocabulary, practice in reading, writing, listening. Particular attention is paid to the development of communication skills. The emphasis is on acquiring skills to formulate and express their thoughts, ideas, judgments.
Students age: 16 - 19 years (children's groups are formed by age: 3 - 7 and 8 - 13 years).
Start date: 5.07 (2 weeks).
Admission requirements: English - no less than B1.
Learning outcomes: development and improvement of general language skills, achievement of accuracy in syntax , Grammar, gaining confidence in the conversation, expanding the general vocabulary.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost includes: study, activities, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
Students are accommodated in the Church of Christ in single modern rooms with private bathrooms. Half-board meals are organized in Christ Church.
For students of intensive summer studying courses, 3 leisure activities are planned per week. Extracurricular program includes river walks, themed meetings, visits to Oxford museums, excursions to the university, walks around the area where the college campus is located, visits to Blenheim Palace, picnics, barbecues and much more.
Classes are held in morning and afternoon.
Oxford (Christ Church) is equipped with advanced technology classes, spacious lecture rooms, computer labs. The camp also has a living room with TV, a dining room, a lounge area for mass events. On the campus, wireless Internet is available.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.