Pangbourne Summer Camp functions at the prestigious Pangbourne College. The campus is located in a cozy village near Windsor, Oxford, London. Also in a few minutes from the camp foreign students can reach by public transport to the colorful Bath. Studying center Pangbourne is focused on active international students. The summer camp offers effective studying programs that combine academic English and sports training.
Short information. English course for communication in everyday situations + program of sport events, excursions and entertainment.
About the course. The program, designed for 15 hours a week, allows students to combine learning English with active rest on campus and beyond. In the lessons, the emphasis is on developing communicative skills. Grammar and vocabulary are studied in the process of discussing common themes.
Students age: 10 to 16.
Start dates: 5, 12, 19, 26.07; 2, 9.08 (1 - 6 weeks).
Requirements for admission: English - not less than A1.
The result of the training: confidence in spoken English, the experience of communicating in a foreign language in various situations.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost includes:studies, activities, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
There are 6 residential student buildings on the campus. In each room there are 1-2 rooms. The amenities in the houses are available at a rate of 1 sanitary room and a shower room for 8 students. Junior students are accommodated in rooms for 4 - 8 people. In general, there are rest rooms with TV.
Meals are full board (in the room).
At leisure time, foreign students can entertain in team games, learn to climb, acquire archery skills, and play tennis. Also the leisure program includes various activisties outside the campus (mountain biking, hiking and much more). In the camp there are parties, quizzes, contests, discos. Creative students can attend various mugs (from theatrical to musical).
The Adventure program is also available. Classes are held 2-3 hours per a week. Students learn the basics of survival under different conditions.
Excursions in the camp are also provided by the extra-curricular program. Students can visit Windsor, London, Oxford, Bournemouth, Bristol, other cities in Britain.
The daily routine
The morning sessions are held in the camp.
The camp is equipped with an auditorium, a modern computer center, a conference room, a dining room. Wireless Internet is available on campus. The sports infrastructure of Pangbourne includes a multifunctional indoor complex, a climbing wall, rope complexes (low and high), an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, sports grounds and fields.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.