Leighton Park School Summer
Description of Leighton Park School Summer
- Location: Reading, England,
- Year of foundation: 1890,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of education: mixed.
Leighton Park School offers students English language programs, a wide range of extracurricular activities and a comfortable campus for exciting learning, an unforgettable holiday and a great summer vacation.
Students from 9 to 17 years old are accepted for the programs.
The school day does not have a strict repetitive schedule, but a certain time is allocated for all activities: in the morning and afternoon classes are held, in the evenings events are organized on campus and off it.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Leighton Park School Summer
Accommodation, meals, prices
Pupils are accommodated in a large and modern boarding house, which has prepared single, double and triple rooms with bathrooms, most of which are designed for one student. Residents have the opportunity to use common living rooms, walking areas. Wi-Fi access is available throughout.
The pension provides all the services necessary for a comfortable stay: laundry, bed linen, round-the-clock staff support, three meals a day, transport for excursions and many others. All housing services are included in the price of the program.
The cost of a place in the residence depends on the duration of the study, the month in which it takes place, and the spaciousness of the room, and is included in the cost of the program
Activities Leighton Park School Summer
The educational programs include a wide variety of entertainment: events on campus after the end of classes, field trips, master classes and cozy evenings watching a movie or reading books.
Students will be able to:
- Go on a thematic tour of the places of study of technical and natural sciences in London,
- Spend a full day in London or Oxford,
- Go for half a day to Reading or Windsor (every week).
- Beautiful campus in the forest area,
- Highly qualified native English teachers,
- Extensive programme of excursions and activities,
- Accommodation on the territory,
- Several options for the duration of education.
Facilities and equipment at Leighton Park School Summer
The campus of Leighton Park School occupies 65 acres of parkland, a significant part of it is occupied by green spaces, equipped walking paths and sports facilities. The road to the center of Reading will take only a few minutes, and to the route stations:
- City Railway Station – 10 minutes,
- Heathrow Airport – 40 minutes,
- Gatwick Airport – 70 minutes.
Students are offered a wide range of facilities for effective learning and recreation:
- Bright auditorium with audio and video equipment, interactive whiteboards,
- Open field for team games, which can be used in any season and weather conditions,
- Indoor swimming pool with several paths of different depths,
- Theatre hall for events,
- Self-study areas with wired Internet connection.
Students have Access to WiFi anywhere on campus.
The entire territory of Leighton Park School is under round-the-clock security.
Admission dates and extra charges
Programs take place in the summer months. Students can choose the length of stay on the course: one or two weeks.
The tuition fee includes many necessary services, including accommodation and meals, activities and excursions. Additionally and optionally paid extracurricular trips, individual lessons, participation in paid events off campus, souvenirs.
You can also optionally:
- Book another night of accommodation – 58£,
- Airport shuttle: £298 to £1025 depending on passengers and distance (Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Heathrow).
To attend summer courses at Leighton Park School, you must take care of the duration of the passport and entry visa in advance. To enroll, the applicant must fill out a registration form, and then arrive on campus to take an English language test and be divided into groups.
There are quite a few free places in the classrooms, so admission is conducted until their completion.
After completing each of the courses, students are awarded a certificate that can be applied as an individual achievement when entering a school, college or university in English-speaking countries.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
There are no special requirements for new students - it is enough to fit the age range, have a foreign passport and a valid visa and have time to take free places in the program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Leighton Park School Summer
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.