Kings Summer - Boston Summer Camp operates on the Pine Manor College campus. The latter is one of the best educational institutions of New England. The campus of the college covers an area of 60 acres. There is a residence, sports infrastructure, picturesque gardens and landscaped recreation areas.
Pine Manor College is located in the fashionable suburbs of Boston. This area is landscaped, safe, beautiful. From it, you can get to the center of Boston with its infrastructure located in no more than 20 minutes.
Short information. Program for the development of speaking skills, increasing the level of English in general.
About the course. The standard course provides for studying English 15 hours a week. During the lessons students are offered various interesting materials for discussion (from the press, the Internet, thematic sources). In the process of communication skills of understanding English are acquired. Also, students learn to formulate ideas and judgments, express thoughts clearly, speak out competently. To consolidate knowledge and improve skills, an intensive extra-curricular program helps.
Students age: 16+ years (in groups of 15 years)
Start dates: 15, 22, 29.06; 6, 13, 20, 27.07; 3, 10, 17.08 (from 2 weeks).
Requirements for the enrollment: English - from A1.
The result of the training: improvement of the general language skills, pronunciation, development of speaking skills.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
The cost includes: studies, activities, excursions.
Traditionally, for summer camps in the United States students are accommodated in host families and residences. In families, students are offered single or double rooms and two meals a day. For living in the residence there are single and double rooms with private facilities. The camp offers 2 food options: half board (two meals) and full board (three meals a day). Students under the age of 15 are accommodated in the residence on a full board basis.
Cost of living:
Extracurricular program includes sports (individual training, team games, competitions), forest walks, picnics, orienteering, cinema screenings, billiards and bowling, parties, quizzes, karaoke, discos. Also, students are available mugs (dance, theater, art club). Individual lessons include sailing, archery.
Excursions for students are organized in theme parks in the vicinity of Boston, the museums, galleries of the city, Chinatown, the Aquarium of New England. Also available are boat trips, mini-cruises, whale watching.
Like in other top camps in the USA, classes are held before lunch. After 14:00, leisure activities are held.
The campus includes an educational building with spacious light auditoriums, an administrative center, a computer class, student hostels, sports infrastructure. On the territory there are fields for football, softball, tennis courts, gym. Also in the camp there is a cafeteria, free Wi-Fi.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.