Description of Keimyung University
- Founded: 1899
- Location: Daegu, South Korea
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Number of students: about 24,000
- Rating in Korea: 50.
Keimyung University is in the top 5 of the world's universities and is consistently ranked in the TOP 50 universities in South Korea: there is a wide selection of study programs, including in English. Many courses are available remotely, which is a big plus for people who cannot or do not want to fly to Korea - this is a savings in finances and the opportunity to stay at home with your family and work in parallel.
Keimyung University is popular among foreigners, especially among those who want to study the culture and history of South Korea - courses related to this state are offered:
- Korean economy
- History of Korea
- Korean dance
- Government and politics of Korea
- Korean martial arts.
Students, choosing programs in English, can simultaneously study Korean. With high academic performance, scholarship payments are available. The university has agreements with foreign partners, implementing programs of international exchange of students and teachers, is a member of the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Keimyung University
Accommodation, meals, prices
International students can apply for a place in a university dormitory - it's inexpensive and convenient. You can rent an apartment in the center of Daegu or on the outskirts of the city. Food is offered by both a university café and city establishments.
Activities Keimyung University
In their free time, students participate in various events: sports, creative, entertainment - these are competitions, concerts, contests, and student parties. In addition, on weekends you can go on exciting tours of the country, studying the history and culture of Korea.
Facilities and equipment at Keimyung University
Students are offered modern classrooms and classes with the necessary set of equipment and furniture: the university has laboratories, a library, a computer class, gyms and playgrounds.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process is divided into six months (semesters). Additional costs associated with living, eating, using transport, mobile communications and leisure, will range from $ 714 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The requirements of the selection committee here are no different from the requirements of most universities in the country: you need to provide a package of documents and pass the entrance exams. The percentage of admission on average is 1 out of 3 applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Keimyung University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.