Description of Konkuk University
- Location: Southeast Seoul and Chungj, Korea;
- Year of foundation: 1946;
- Language of instruction: Korean, English;
- Study programs: bachelor's, master's, postgraduate studies;
- Type of education: mixed.
Konkuk University was opened in 1946 by private investment as a school for future politicians, but rather quickly outgrew its original goals and became one of the best universities in Korea. In the ranking of the best Korean universities, this institution occupies a place in the top ten, is the fastest growing university in the republic. Konkuk University has 58 subsidiary research institutes, cooperates with more than 480 educational organizations.
The university has 15 colleges, 38 faculties and 11 postgraduate schools.
Thanks to active volunteer activities, local students and those who have arrived on exchange easily find a common language. The educational process for those who come to Korea for training is easy due to a favorable and friendly atmosphere, there are no social restrictions (by gender, religion, etc.).
The courses are taught in Korean, but there are over 500 courses in English. Foreign students, of whom 5% of the total number of all students, are assisted in learning any of these languages. The teaching staff is the pride of the university: it includes more than 1000 full-time teachers, more than 2000 highly qualified professors.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Konkuk University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution provides accommodation in a dormitory-student campus on the main building in Seoul. Double rooms with heating and air conditioning.
Activities Konkuk University
The main building is famous for its sports equipment - it is in it that the development of sports at the university is concentrated. Art and science courses are actively taught.
The main building houses a library with millions of books of various genres in several languages.
Admission dates and extra charges
List of additional expenses:
- Accommodation in the campus.
For detailed information about the tuition fee students can contact to SMAPSE local manager.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications are accepted online only from April 29 to May 17. For admission, students will need knowledge of the Korean language at least TOPIC-3. Foreign students will need 2 out of 4 years at their university with good academic performance or at a partner university.
Upon admission, language and general tests are possible.
Scholarships Konkuk University
Foreign citizens can receive free education under the KGSP program, subject to good academic performance. The scholarship is paid once a semester.
There are scholarships for language school students. To receive financial support, students must submit documents and have a performance of at least 80% out of 100% in terms of the GPA or a certificate from a school that is in the TOP-20.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Konkuk University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.