Handong Global University
Description of Handong Global University
- Established: 1995
- Location: Pohang, South Korea
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Number of students: 8000
- Type: private.
Handong Global University was founded in 1995 at the personal expense of businessman Song Tu Han. The first president was Dr. Kim Yengila, a Christian leader, NASA member, professor at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. The university has come a long and difficult path of formation: lack of funds, rejection by citizens, lawsuits - but now it is one of the ten projects that change the world, and is one of the most prestigious universities in South Korea.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Handong Global University
- In 2015, during a university audit by the Ministry of Education of Korea, the university received the highest score
- Deserved first place among Asian law schools
- South Korea's second largest university
- A significant part of teachers have doctoral and candidate degrees, higher qualification categories
- The educational institution offers a wide selection of specialties
- Students conduct extensive research and development activities and are able to implement their developments in the country's enterprises
- Handong Global University is accredited by many reputable organizations and associations.
- Graduates are competitive and in demand on the international labor market.
Facilities and equipment at Handong Global University
The campus is located in the fast-growing city of Pohang and covers an area of 200 acres. Pohang is the city where the POSCO and Hyundai headquarters are located . The windows of the educational buildings overlook the Sea of Japan, the campus is surrounded by rice fields.
The university has created all the conditions for the development of scientific activities of students: an extensive library, classrooms for independent work, research centers, research laboratories.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Handong Global University , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate with IELTS 6.0
- Motivation letter
- Certificate of general secondary education or equivalent.
In addition, the applicant must have an international passport and successfully pass the entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Handong Global University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.