Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Description of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
- Foundation: 1975
- Location: Osijek, Croatia
- Age: from 17 years old
- Accommodation: apartments
- Language of instruction: Croatian, Hungarian (diplomas), courses in English and German.
The history of the university in Osijek begins in 1707 with the foundation by the Franciscans of a higher theological school of philosophy: it laid down the traditions of teaching the humanities, and contributed to the spread of education. Later it was transformed into an episcopal lyceum, and in 1893 the Royal School of Male Teachers opened on its basis, which in 1961 became the Academy of Pedagogy. The theological college was also formed on the basis of the lyceum.
In 1967, a branch of the University of Zagreb was opened in Osijek. In 1975, the departments of the University of Zagreb in Osijek combined with other universities in the city and created the University of Osijek. In 1990, the university was named after the progressive Catholic Bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer, who was born in Osijek in the early 19th century.
- 20,000 students
- 115 teachers
- 3 university buildings
- 12 faculties.
The main areas of study:
- Food technology
- Effective technologies in construction and industry
- Culture and art
- Natural Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Accommodation, meals, prices
Osijek University does not have a hostel for students and graduate students: the cost of living in the city is from 300 euros per month, in the vicinity - from 200 euros . You will have to spend at least 600 euros per month on food.
- Centuries-old traditions of higher education, experience in the teaching of the humanities and natural sciences
- Joining the European Erasmus program: exchange programs, assistance, educational initiatives
- Modern tools
- A large number of programs
- The relatively low cost of the tuition fee and living in Europe
- Possibility of distance learning, online courses
- Geographical position: Osijek - historical and tourist center of Croatia.
Facilities and equipment at Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Osijek University has 3 academic buildings in the city (one of them is located in a historic building) and 3 branches of the university: Student Research Center in Osijek, Student Research Center in Slavonski Brod, City and University Library. The library is a research center - in its collections more than 550,000 books are stored.
Osijek University has all the necessary resources for sports, various arts, student holidays.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Pass the Croatian language exam at the University of Osijek.
- Provide copies of graduation documents with grades (certificate, diploma, certificate), the results of the Croatian final exams or Unified State Examination - all documents should be translated into Croatian and notarized.
- Send a correctly executed application.
- Provide recommendations and resumes (if possible).
Scholarships Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Osijek University named after Josip Juraj Straussmayer has scholarship and grant funds for students and graduate students, and also participates in the European program Erasmus, which also allocates funds to help in obtaining education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.