University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
Description of University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
• Foundation: 2003
• Abbreviation: UNIDU
• Status: state
• Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia
• Age: from 18 years
• Accommodation: residence
• Language of instruction: Croatian, English.
University of Dubrovnik is the youngest university in Croatia. Despite this, he draws on the centuries-old experience of research and teaching of schools and higher educational institutions of Dubrovnik, known from the XVII century.
Dubrovnik is an ancient port: the traditions of navigation and sea trade required development, training of specialists for the fleet. UNIDU respects the traditions and experience of its ancestors, while introducing the latest knowledge and development into the training of marine specialists.
- 2600 students
- 160 teachers
- 7 faculties
- 2 research institutes.
The main areas of study:
- Marine research
- Economics and business
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Communication research
- Architecture and restoration
- History of the Adriatic and the Mediterranean
- Exploring the tourism and hospitality industry.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
Accommodation, meals, prices
A place in a hostel costs from $ 230, meals and transportation - from $ 270 per month.
Activities University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
The university has centers engaged in solving student problems in various fields of life. A student counseling center provides psychological and tutoring assistance, helps to adapt more quickly in a university, and learn more effectively. The same center helps to receive grants and scholarships, find a part-time job, and join the student's cultural and social life.
The career guidance service works with future graduates, advises on the preparation of resumes, communication with employers, and the preparation of a career plan.
The sports center organizes sporting events and other sporting events. UNIDU has 11 sports teams that compete in interuniversity, city and international competitions.
The Faculty of Communications publishes the journal Point, about the life of the University of Dubrovnik. The university choir is famous throughout Croatia.
- Constant quality control of educational services, mutual assessment of teachers and students
- The motivation of the teaching staff to engage in scientific work
- The opportunity to get a double diploma while studying in English at once in two universities - UNIDU and the University of Palermo
- Low tuition fees
- Help graduates in finding a job, training in the necessary search skills
- Scholarships and grants
- Geographical location: Dubrovnik, founded in the 7th century, is located on the Adriatic coast.
Facilities and equipment at University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
UNIDU has several educational buildings in Dubrovnik, modern and reconstructed historical ones: for example, the Department of Maritime Navigation is located in the ancient fortress of St. John, and the administration and some departments are located in the historic building of the former hospital.
A dormitory for 500 people with comfortable furnished rooms is located near educational buildings.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters. Registration fee 43 $.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Birth certificate
- State Examination Certificate / Bachelor's Degree Certificate
- Language certificate
- 4x5 photo
- Envelope A-4 with the address of the candidate and the postage stamp
- For applicants for specialties in marine navigation, a medical certificate of validity is needed
- For applicants for specialties in patient care - a medical certificate and confirmation of work experience.
All documents must be translated into Croatian and certified.
Scholarships University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
Students are awarded scholarships and grants for the year, for research and projects in the field of student life. In addition, students can receive subsidies for accommodation and meals.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Dubrovnik (Sveučilište u Dubrovniku)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.