Ivanhoe Grammar School
Description of Ivanhoe Grammar School
- Established: 1915
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Students age: 8-18
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of accommodation: host families
- Language of instruction: English.
Ivanhoe Grammar School was founded in 1915 and in the first year of its educational activity took only 12 people to study. Over the years of fruitful work, the educational institution has turned into a large educational center with three modern campuses in Melbourne: Ivanhoe and Plenty. Today it is a general educational institution that accepts children to study from preparatory school to graduation classes comparable private schools Sydney.
Ivanhoe Grammar School is distinguished by a rich history and pedagogical experience, innovative approaches and a wonderful environment for the full development of children. The founder of the school, Sydney Buckley, believed that the tasks of the educational institution include not only a strong academic background, but also a diverse personality development.
The educational institution is proud of its intercultural environment and a diverse extracurricular plan, which includes an art school, a music school, sports sections, an adventure club, a cadet academy, and much more. All this encourages children to develop their strengths in a variety of areas of life.
Particular attention is paid to creating a safe and comfortable environment in which each student feels free and comfortable. The school’s philosophy is based on democratic ideas recognized in Australia: the idea of equal rights and opportunities for every person, freedom of religion, speech and the promotion of values such as openness and tolerance.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ivanhoe Grammar School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers foreign students accommodation in host families, students are not allowed to live independently or without a guardian. The educational institution assumes responsibility for high-quality and safe placement and accommodation in host families.
Activities Ivanhoe Grammar School
- A safe and comfortable environment for everyone
- Intercultural environment
- Innovative approaches
- Rich teaching experience
- Strong academic background
- A diverse extracurricular plan.
Facilities and equipment at Ivanhoe Grammar School
Modern equipment of the school is one of the priorities of the educational institution. Ivanhoe Grammar School believes that a modern and innovative environment will strengthen the educational process and expand the interests of students:
- The center opened in 2013 is designed for students in grades 7 and 8: there are many educational spaces for individual and project work, an information technology laboratory
- Modern studio of fine art and acting. The studio includes a dance and music school, six music halls, two large auditoriums for rehearsals of orchestras, music groups and a choir, a recording studio, 2-D, 3-D-studios and seven fine art studios
- The scientific center was built in 2007 and includes numerous laboratories in which students in practice can study chemistry, physics, astronomy, science and weather
- The library is a place where students not only study literature and do their homework, but also have fun with friends at board games and design works
- Food Technology Center - in a professional center, students can gain valuable culinary experience and learn about food management features
- The large sports center includes two large fields for playing soccer, field hockey, softball, a swimming pool, a physical development center, tennis courts
- Cafeteria with a wide selection of dishes and a cozy atmosphere
- Information Technology Center
Admission dates and extra charges
All students go home for a three-week vacation in the middle of the year and at the end. The school closes during the holidays.
- Semester 1: the beginning of studies for students of grades 7 and 12 on January 30, for all others, study begins on January 31. The end of the semester is April 5th.
- Semester 2: April 23 - June 21
- Semester 3: July 15 - September 20
- Semester 4: October 7 - December 6.
Cost of education:
Cost per year in Australian dollars
Secondary Year 7
- Medical insurance - 600 $ AUD
- Administration fee - 280 $ AUD
- Registration fee - 180 $ AUD .
The school offers students participation in scholarship programs, which you can find on the official website.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- All students from grades 4 to 6 must bring an iPad with them , students in grades 7 and older will need a laptop
- Filing a completed application and paying a fee of $ 180 AUD
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport and visa
- Copy of the translated transcript of grades from the last place of study
- Requires translation of all documents into English and notarization of documents
- Additional requirements are possible.
- All students need to pass entrance tests to confirm a sufficient level of preparation for studying at school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ivanhoe Grammar School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.