Heartland International English School
Description of Heartland International English School
- Founded: 1999
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba and Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Students age: from 14 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: full board.
Heartland International English School is an international private English language school, which appeared on the territory of Canada in 1999. For 20 years of successful work on the territory of Heartland more than 6000 thousand students from different countries of the world (more than 75 in total) have received international English language education.
During this time, the institution has grown and developed, but the general view of the educational process has remained unchanged: the basis of quality language education is a professional staff of teachers and competently formed learning environment that helps the student to overcome possible barriers.
The school is accredited by Languages Canada and offers a variety of English language programs for international students, all of which fall under the ESL (English as a Second Language) category.
Heartland International English School in Canada has two campuses: one in Winnipeg, Manitoba and the other in Mississauga, Ontario.
Heartland is also an official testing center for CAEL, CELPIP and IELTS. Expert IELTS test preparation courses are available at both locations.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Heartland International English School
Accommodation, meals, prices
For housing while attending Heartland, students can choose to live with a host family, live in a dormitory, or search for housing on their own. Let's talk about each option:
- Host Family. This is a homestay with a real Canadian family that allows you to learn English in a natural setting. Host family accommodation helps international students to adapt to Canadian life and culture faster and better, to learn everything from the inside. Host families offer airport transfers, a private room, shared bathroom facilities, and full board meals (3 meals a day). All host families are carefully selected by the school administration. They live close to the academic campuses, so it will not be difficult for the student to get there independently.
- Residence. The phrase "student residence" speaks for itself - here the student will find himself among his peers and will get more independence. The cost of a residence includes renting a room and purchasing a meal plan. The school does not have its own residence, but students are housed at partner institutions such as Red River College Residence and William & Catherine Booth College (Winnipeg), University of Toronto Residence, Mississauga Campus. Regardless of the option chosen, clean, cozy rooms for 1-2 people, laundry facilities, lounges and a residence hall supervisor are available for accommodation.
- Alternative Housing. Students may choose their housing option from apartment rentals to hotel accommodations. Contact school staff for information and assistance in arranging accommodations.
Host Family Fees:
- Host family: in Winnipeg - $225 $CAD/week, in Mississauga - $245 $CAD/week,
- An additional night with a host family is $40CAD,
- Vacation Room Reservation = $140CAD/week.
Residence Hall Fees:
- Security deposit = $300-350 $CAD (depends on the residence hall),
- Room = from $800CAD/month, including a basic meal plan (10 meals per week).
Activities Heartland International English School
Every week, the school hosts cultural and recreational activities that help students use the language outside the classroom: sports, parties, talent shows, sightseeing trips to Canadian attractions.
Facilities and equipment at Heartland International English School
Heartland School has two campuses in Canada: one in Manitoba, Winnipeg, and the other in Ontario, Mississauga. Both campuses are well equipped: convenient infrastructure, modern equipment, sports fields, libraries, equipped areas for a relaxing holiday. wireless Internet.
Winnipeg is one of Canada's largest and safest cities. There are many entertainment points (shops, cafes, restaurants, clubs) and attractions (for example, the vibrant Art Scene, where live theater performances and concerts are shown). This city is considered one of the most affordable for living and convenient for students.
The city of Mississauga also has its own characteristics:
- It is the sixth largest city in the country.
- Here is the Toronto Pearson International Airport, one of the busiest and largest in Canada.
- Urban infrastructure includes 480 parks, 23 main routes, including part of the promenade with a length of 780 km
- Only a few minutes away from the city are such famous Canadian attractions as Niagara Falls, CN Tower, Ripley Aquarium, Canadian Wonderland and others.
Admission dates and extra charges
Heartland International English School runs throughout the year, with enrollment in a variety of courses every Monday.
- Online testing upon enrollment = $50 $CAD,
- Entrance fee (non-refundable) = $125CAD,
- Study Guides = $70CAD,
- Placement fee (non-refundable) = $225 $CAD,
- Guardianship (required for all minor students) = $100CAD,
- Shuttle transportation to unspecified dates and locations - from $75CAD,
- Insurance - from 2.25 $CAD/day.
If desired, a student can take language exams - fees for them are also not included in the basic course fee:
- IELTS (computerized or paper version) = $339 $CAD,
- CAEL = 280 $CAD,
- CELPIP = $195-280 $CAD,
- TOEIC = $120 $CAD.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the curriculum of the center, students must have an English language base (from elementary to advanced). Before starting school, all students undergo orientation testing, which shows the starting level of language proficiency and helps to choose the group most convenient for the student.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Heartland International English School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.