Harrisburg Area Community College
Description of Harrisburg Area Community College
- Location: Harrisburg, USA
- Year of foundation: 1964
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: more than 17 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is the first and largest community college in Pennsylvania.
The institution was founded in 1964, received accreditation from the Association of Colleges and Schools of the United States in 1967. In recent years, about 17,000 students have studied there. The teaching staff includes more than 2200 teachers, working both on a permanent basis and by invitation.
Areas of study at NASS:
- General Subjects
- Career in healthcare
- Legal, public safety
- Mathematics, computer technologies
- Social science
- Professions in technology
- Arts, humanities
- Business, hospitality
- Engineering technology
- English language.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Harrisburg Area Community College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The college provides accommodation for students with disabilities. Students are provided with adaptive furniture, color and light signs, and accompanying specialists.
Activities Harrisburg Area Community College
All student clubs have their "offices" at the Bruce E. Cooper Student Center. On several floors of the building there are specially equipped classrooms for creative associations: vocals, dances, acting, drawing. Students who are members of scientific circles are allocated research laboratories. Athletes who defend the honor of the college at intercollegiate competitions spend their free time in gyms, game halls and playgrounds.
NASS has created a multicultural club that allows students of different nations to communicate, learn languages, culture of other countries. Students who are active in helping others take part in social actions of the volunteer center.
Every year, the college hosts many events: from New Year's parties to graduation balls.
- All programs are accredited
- About 200 foreign students from 50 countries
- More than 100,000 graduates
- High quality education at an affordable price.
Facilities and equipment at Harrisburg Area Community College
HACC is Pennsylvania's largest college. It accepts applicants from the areas of York, Lebanon, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and also has campuses in these cities.
For education, streaming classrooms for lectures, computer classes, laboratories are equipped. Events are organized in large assembly halls, as well as in open areas on campus. In addition to educational buildings, students have the opportunity to visit the library, cafes and fast food outlets, sports facilities of open and indoor types.
Among the fast food outlets on campuses you can see vending machines, catering, lunch departments in bookstores.
The college has a center for the care of children of students. Basically, the groups accept children of toddlers and preschool ages.
NASS cooperates with middle and high schools of the district, conducts introductory lectures and competitive events for schoolchildren.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are three semesters in the academic year: autumn, spring, summer. Education begins in the fall, ends towards the end of summer.
Upon admission, the student can choose a convenient format of study: full-time, remote, online. A feature of distance learning is field classes - some couples still need to attend full-time.
- Accommodation, meals – 8000$ approximately
- Medical care
- Childcare (if necessary)
- Books, consumables – 2064$
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
You can apply to the NASS on the official website of the institution by creating an account.
- Certificate of completion of secondary education
- Official transcripts
- Entrance tests in mathematics, English
- ACT/SAT results.
Foreign students should be granted an F-1 study visa, take an English language test TOEFL / IELTS.
Scholarships Harrisburg Area Community College
Financial assistance in NASS:
- Credit and non-credit scholarships
- Private scholarships of the institution's partners
- Federal Loans
- Veteran Funding Programs
- Megan Fries Memorial Award for Theatre Students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Harrisburg Area Community College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.