HAN University of Applied Sciences
Description of HAN University of Applied Sciences
- Founded: 1996
- Location: Arnhem / Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Number of students: more than 30,000
- Rating in the Netherlands: 4
- Language of instruction: English.
HAN University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest universities in the Netherlands, its campuses are located in two cities - in Armen and Nijmegen. The educational institution consists of 4 faculties and offers education in 6 bachelor's specialties and 5 master's specialties. Education takes place in English. The most popular faculties are Arnhem Business School and HAN Automotive Institute.
Students from various countries are studying at the university - in total, more than 130 nationalities are present.
HAN University of Applied Sciences cooperates with many large European companies - from the 3rd year students undergo a compulsory internship that lasts for a semester and can even take place in another country. It is important for the university to create conditions for students in which they could apply the knowledge gained in the process of study in practice. Students solve professional problems, have the opportunity to feel the working atmosphere in leading European companies and try themselves in different fields.
The university provides assistance in finding employment for graduate students, as it has connections with many leading companies: UniCreditBank. BMW, Philips, L'Oreal, Audi and others. Students can choose a correspondence course to combine work and study.
Since 2005, the HAN BioCenter has been operating in Nijmegen, where research is regularly conducted in the field of molecular biology, chemistry and biochemistry. The center participates in the development of educational programs in the field of biology, students are in demand around the world in the fields of pharmacology, ecology and biotechnology.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in HAN University of Applied Sciences
Accommodation, meals, prices
Upon admission to the 1st course, the university offers students accommodation in apartments with a kitchen and everything necessary for everyday life. In the future, students can find housing with the help of housing companies - the university cooperates with several of them. The average cost of living in the Netherlands is 400-500 € per month.
Students can relax, chat and eat in one of the cafeterias located in the university buildings.
Facilities and equipment at HAN University of Applied Sciences
On the territory of the University of Applied Sciences HAN there are multimedia and educational centers in which students can find the literature of interest to them, magazines, reference books or online sources for study. The university is characterized by modern technical equipment, it is possible to play sports in studios on the territory of the university.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the HAN University of Applied Sciences is divided into semesters - 1 semester begins on September 1, 2 semester on February 1. Additional costs for transportation, food and personal needs will be about 300 € per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to undergraduate applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education and a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.0). A master's degree requires a diploma of higher education not lower than a bachelor's degree, a motivation letter and a certificate of knowledge of the English language (TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.0).
Deadlines for submission of documents:
Beginning of semester
Non EU applicants
Until August 15
Until June 1st
1st of February
Until January 15
Until December 1st
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about HAN University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.