HZ University of applied sciences
Description of HZ University of applied sciences
- Founded: 1987
- Location: Vlissingen, Netherlands
- Number of students: about 4800
- Rating in the country: 45
- Language of instruction: Dutch, English.
HZ University of applied sciences is a public higher education institution in the Netherlands, one of the top three multidisciplinary Dutch universities of applied sciences.
The teaching staff of the university includes about 400 qualified and experienced specialists.
The university collaborates with educational institutions around the world and regularly participates in international exchange programs. HZ University of applied sciences also works closely with business companies and gives students the opportunity to practice in one of them, conducts various scientific research.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in HZ University of applied sciences
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university assists students in finding suitable housing in Vlissingen or Middeljuurg. The student houses are located near the city center and a short bike ride from the university.
- The cost of housing is 220 € to 600 € per month (depending on the size of the selected room, equipment and conditions).
- The cost of food is approximately 150-300 € per month.
Facilities and equipment at HZ University of applied sciences
The university has its own library, several laboratories, computer classes, a reading room, a cafeteria and classrooms for individual instruction. All classrooms are equipped with modern technology and everything necessary for conducting classes.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into 2 academic semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education or a diploma of higher education. It is also required to pass the entrance exams and provide a certificate that confirms high-level English proficiency (for example, IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge).
All documents must be translated into Dutch, English, French, Spanish or German.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about HZ University of applied sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.