Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Description of Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Founded: 1875
- Location: Deventer, Enschede, Apeldoorn, Hengelo (Netherlands)
- Number of students: more than 24,000
- Teaching language: English.
Saxion University is one of the largest in the Netherlands: it has 4 branches in 4 different cities - Deventer, Enschede, Apeldoorn and Hengelo.
Saxion University of Applied Sciences offers training in many different specialties: business, construction and technology, hospitality, marketing and management, finance and accounting, healthcare, psychology, pedagogy, law, etc.
Both local residents and a large number of foreigners study at the educational institution (there are more than 3,500 of them at the university, 74 of different nationalities). Students have the opportunity to participate in various international internships: for example, Saxion University of Applied Sciences and Twente University together created a special program for students from different countries, according to which graduates with good results can get an internship in one of the leading Dutch companies: Siemens, Receps , De Lage Langen and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides foreign students the opportunity to live in a single room in a dormitory for the first year: a shower and a toilet in such dormitories are located on the floor, there are shared kitchens and lounges. The cost of a hostel per year will be 5050 €. Starting from the second year, students will have to look for other housing (usually a rented apartment). Students can eat in a cafe on campus or in the city.
Facilities and equipment at Saxion University of Applied Sciences
The buildings in which classes are held are equipped with modern technology and everything necessary for training. The university has a variety of laboratories for research.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into semesters: 1 semester begins on September 1, 2 semester on February 1.
The average monthly cost of transport, insurance, mobile communications and sports will be 300-400 € per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- For admission to undergraduate applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education and finish 1 year of preparatory department. The language level must be confirmed by a certificate of knowledge of English (TOEFL 83, IELTS 6.0).
- To enter a magistracy, you need a diploma of completed higher education, a resume, a motivation letter and a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (TOEFL 92, IELTS 6.5).
Scholarships Saxion University of Applied Sciences
In the first year, non-EU students have the opportunity to receive a scholarship in the amount of 3300 € to 10 000 €, for the next 3 years they must confirm their right to a scholarship by receiving good grades.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.