Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)
Currently watching: 2
from jpy 11000.00

Guilin University of technology

Address: 12 Jiangan Rd, Qixing, Guilin, Guangxi, China

Description Guilin University of technology

  • Established: 1956
  • Type: State Higher Educational Institution
  • Location: Guilin, China
  • Number of students: 34,000
  • Language of instruction: English, Chinese.

Guilin University of Technology (GUT) is a higher public educational institution in China. Since its founding in 1956, GUT has been committed to maintaining excellence in teaching and research, cultivating a large number of outstanding talents and making a significant contribution to the country's prosperity, especially to the development of the national economy. The university offers applicants 59 undergraduate programs and 35 master's programs, which are implemented in 17 faculties.

Programs, courses and tuition/boarding fees, prices in Guilin University of technology

Program name
from 13 000 jpy / year


  • Dates: year-round
  • Duration: 4 years.

The main areas of preparation for undergraduate programs are:

  • Administrative management
  • Animation
  • Architecture
  • Bioengineering
  • Geodesy
  • Geographic Information Systems
  • Civil engineering
  • Engineering of inorganic and non-metallic materials
  • Information Management and Information Systems
  • Computer Science and Technology
  • International Trade and Economics
  • Applied Chemistry / Physics
  • Advertising
  • Jewelry and Material Technology
  • Human capital management
  • Chemical Engineering and Technology
  • E-commerce.
from 18 000 jpy / year


  • Dates: year-round
  • Duration: 2-3 years.

The main areas of preparation for master's programs are:

  • Analytical chemistry
  • Geodesy
  • Hydrography and water resources
  • Ideological and political education
  • Foreign language and applied linguistics
  • Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics
  • Materials Science
  • Metallurgy
  • Mineralogy
  • Environmental science
  • Paleontology and stratigraphy
  • Applied chemistry
  • Industrial economics
  • Statistics
  • Computer application technology
  • Business management
  • Physics and chemistry of materials
  • Ethnic economy of China.
from 11 000 jpy / year

Language program (Chinese)

Chinese language training is intended for foreign applicants planning to study at GUT. This educational program promotes understanding of Chinese culture and the development of high communication skills.

Accommodation, housing and food

The university provides its students with the opportunity to live in a hostel. Cost of living = from 1500 ¥ -4500 ¥ / semester.


  • The university’s international exchange programs are designed for both students and academic staff
  • In recent years, the GUT has implemented more than 2,600 research projects at the national, provincial and ministerial levels, and in 2018, research funding exceeded 200,000,000 ¥
  • In 1987, the university received a national award for scientific and technological progress, and in 2011 won the second prize for national technical invention, reaching a breakthrough in this field.
  • Employment of graduates graduating from GUT is more than 90%
  • The university has established partnerships with more than 100 educational institutions from 30 countries.

Equipment Guilin University of technology

The university is located in the south of China in Guilin and has four campuses: Guilin Pingfeng, Guilin Yanshan, Nanning Anji and Nanning Airport.

The material and technical base of the university includes:

  • The library
  • Research Center
  • Center for Engineering Research
  • Innovation Center
  • National and Autonomous Technopark
  • Laboratories
  • Medical office
  • Sports Complex.

Term dates, timetable and extra fees

The academic year at the university begins in September and consists of two semesters.

Additional expenses:

  • Medical examination and insurance = 435 ¥ / year
  • Residence Permit = 400 ¥
  • Training materials = 300 ¥
  • Cost of living in Guilin = 2879 ¥ -5810 ¥ / month.

Entry requirements, assessment and extra fees, how to apply, what is required to enrol, conditions, entry tests and exams

To enter the university you must:

  • Certificate of Higher Education (notarized and translated into English)
  • Copy of passport and identity card
  • Photos (3.3x4.8) 6 pcs.
  • Reference No. 082 (original)
  • Medical certificate (HIV test and fluorography)
  • Certificate of no criminal record (stamped, certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and translated into Chinese).

Map, location

Insurance, flights, residence permits, citizenship and other services

Guilin University of technology reviews

Recommendations on when to apply

Language courses, schools and children's language camps Primary and secondary education - private schools Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA
- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs)
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program,
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program,
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively

- recommended submission one year before the start of the program,
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.
Similar schools
Callback Free course selection Online consultant