English School of Canada
Description of English School of Canada
- Founded: 1999
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Age of students: 12-17 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: full board.
English School of Canada (ESC) is a private English language school offering a wide selection of language educational programs with different levels and focus. Every year, about 30 thousand schoolchildren, teenagers and students from more than 50 countries of the world undergo quality language training.
The school was founded in Toronto in 1999. Today, ESC is part of the educational association, which organizes training in the national languages of Canada. For more than 20 years of successful work, the educational center has built up a successful reputation, which allowed it to conclude several dozen partnership agreements with leading colleges and universities in Canada.
ESC is widely known for its English for Academic Purposes University Preparation Program (UCTP): the course includes not only English, but also academic preparation for successful studies at the university. Graduates of the UCTP program after training can easily enter more than 37 partner colleges and universities in America or Canada.
The school also runs the ESC Global Partnership programs program, in which students can study not only the English language as a whole, but also do it in the context of a particular profession - for example, medicine or engineering.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in English School of Canada
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students living in an ESC English school, students and adolescents are offered two options:
- Host family. Here students are provided with a separate room with the necessary furniture and household items + meals in full board (three times a day). This option is suitable for those who love the home environment and are ready for a complete immersion in the language environment. A student can practice English daily in the family, and he will not only be at the level of general school vocabulary, but also at the level of life and Canadian traditions. Cost of living - 1025 $ CAD for 4 weeks.
- Residence. Accommodation in a student hostel is booked by students before arrival and has its advantages - there is always a cheerful and friendly atmosphere of a real student body. In the residence, teenagers are offered rooms for two people with the necessary furniture and technical equipment. Also in the hostel there is wireless Internet, a swimming pool, a gym. For students, three meals a day are provided in the dining room on the campus of the school. The cost of living (without meals, it is paid extra) - 700 $ CAD for 4 weeks.
Activities English School of Canada
The English language school in Canada organizes not only the academic process, but also the cultural and leisure program: every week, students organize daily and evening activities, sightseeing trips to various attractions in Canada.
Facilities and equipment at English School of Canada
The territory of the ESC school is located in the heart of the city of Toronto, which is traditionally recognized as one of the largest financial and multicultural centers of the country and the world. The city is large and lives a dynamic life, but it is considered cozy and safe for foreign guests as well.
Admission dates and extra charges
You can join ESC Canada’s English language courses throughout the year — classes begin on Mondays. Summer educational programs run from June to August.
Also you can check out more information about high school in Canada.
- Transfer (one way) 115 CAD
- Medical insurance 2 CAD
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 175 CAD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To study at an ESC English school, students must have a level of English proficiency from elementary to advanced (from 1 to 10). On the day of arrival, all students undergo orientation tests to help determine the starting level of students and distribute them in a group suitable for training.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about English School of Canada
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.