Embassy Mile End Language Center
Description of Embassy Mile End Language Center
- Location: Queen Mary University London, London, UK
- Students age: 12-18 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: language summer school.
Embassy Mile End is located in Queen Mary University London, a large modern academic campus. Students live in comfortable single rooms in one of the student village dormitories. The convenient location of the center provides easy access to central London, allowing students to explore the largest city in the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Embassy Mile End Language Center
Accommodation, meals, prices
Embassy Mile End offers students accommodation in single rooms with bathrooms, located in apartments with 5-9 rooms in each. Each apartment has a common space-living room, furniture includes a wardrobe, desk and chair. Rooms are cleaned weekly, laundry is located in the building, Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Meals are served in the large dining room on campus:
- Hot and continental breakfast including juice, coffee, toast, cereal, fruit.
- Lunch, dinner are served in two menus - each includes 3 options of dishes, including vegetarian.
- Packed lunches are available on weekends: water, fruits, sandwiches, chips and cookies.
- Drinks and pastries are sold at campus stores.
Activities Embassy Mile End Language Center
On the first evening, the Embassy Mile End organizes a welcome event designed to enable students to meet with center staff and other students, learn more about the center and its capabilities, and obtain useful information that will help them during their stay.
Events in the center are organized during the day and in the evenings, when there are no trips, they are held either on-site or near the center. They include:
- Sports activities (football, mini-olympiad, round tables, table tennis, volleyball and basketball)
- Daytime, evening events (drama workshops, karaoke, talent shows and team games).
The center offers a variety of trips:
- Half day excursions include visits to London every weekday (British Museum, Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge).
- Full day excursions (Brighton: a vibrant, popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture; Canterbury: recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK with medieval buildings; Cambridge: a landmark university city).
- Additional activities (Thorpe Park: a theme park full of extreme attractions; Oxford: the oldest university, Windsor Castle: the oldest and largest residential castle in the world; London evening events: students choose bowling, cinema or music events, Madame Tussauds and the cable car through the Thames).
- The 2-week program includes 10 trips to nearby towns and cultural zones, visits to London, events, 2 full-day excursions to major cities - Cambridge, Brighton, Canterbury. Pupils travel by private buses or public transport.
- Embassy Mile End staff focuses on the care and supervision of students - staff are available 24 hours a day. The center organizes welcome meetings upon arrival: participants register, receive room keys.
Facilities and equipment at Embassy Mile End Language Center
- Students have access to a large indoor multi-purpose sports hall located on the territory of the academic campus.
- There are shops and cafes on campus.
- Lunches, dinners and breakfasts are served in the large dining room.
Admission dates and extra charges
Linguistic lessons are held in the morning or afternoon in the first week, alternating weekly.
- UM Service - 45 £
- Insurance - 10 £ (per week)
- Enrolment fees - 100 £
- Deposit for a course/programme 30 GBP
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 GBP
- Medical insurance 10 GBP
- One way transfer - Heathrow 108 GBP
- One way transfer - Gatwick 130 GBP
- One way transfer - Luton 180 GBP
- One way transfer - Stansted 144 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Age: 12-18 years old.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Embassy Mile End Language Center
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.