Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere
Description of Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere
- Established: 1926
- Location: Paris, France
- Language of instruction: French
- Number of students: 200
- Type: state.
Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere is a high school for those who want to build a career in the audiovisual field. The school was founded in 1926 by Louis Lumiere - the founder of cinema and Leon Gaumont - a French engineer.
The university was one of the first educational institutions that switched to making films in HD in 2006. In 2010, Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere received the right to award a master's degree in cinema.
In addition to bachelor's and master's programs, the educational institution offers short-term courses, the service "Confirmation of experience" and a continuing education program. Students of short-term courses can become not only private individuals, but also groups from enterprises, organizations, etc.
Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere became alma mater for :
- Sophie delaporte
- Benoit Delomme
- Claude Zidi
- Jean-Jacques Annot
- Boba Swaim
- Eduardo Serra
- Philippe Roeselott
- Tayeba Louhichi
- Parviza Kimiami
- Gaspara Noe.
At the Higher School of Cinema, you can take part in the following courses:
- Making documentaries
- Scripting Introduction to Short Films
- Image processing
- The photo
- Introduction to Directing
- Production and shooting for fiction
- Audiovisual production
- Studio shooting and lighting.
The Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere made preparations in the field:
- The art of photography, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere
Accommodation, meals, prices
Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere does not have its own hostel, students are invited to find accommodation in the city. Meals in the educational building are organized in the cafeteria. Out-of-school time, students eat in urban cafes and restaurants.
- Education at a higher school created by one of the “fathers” of cinema - Louis Lumiere
- Among the teachers are such famous people in the cinema as Angelo Yves, Christina Aubrey, Carlos Barrantes and Michelle Bergo
- Small study groups
- An individual approach to each student
- The opportunity to get a first job already during studying
- Short courses and continuing education program
- Formation of a portfolio for employment in the learning process
- A large number of individual lessons
- The possibility of receiving scholarships and grants
- Modern material and technical base.
Facilities and equipment at Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere
Initially, the higher school was located on Vaugirard street, but in 1977 the building had to be abandoned due to decay and the threat of collapse. Today, Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere is located in the new Cité du Cinema building in Saint-Denis.
Practical tasks are carried out thanks to the modern material and technical base:
- Two movie studios of 230 sq.m. with professional lighting, appliances and green inlays
- Virtual editing rooms (6 Avid rooms: 2 Media Composer Nitris and 4 Media Composer HD, 16 VFX rigs)
- Rain Colour Calibration Station
- Recording and Mixing Studio
- Photo studios
- 20 computer workstations
- Center for images and sound.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education for master's and bachelor's programs begins in September, and short-term studies or training can be completed year-round. Additionally, you have to pay for accommodation, meals, travel to the place of study.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere, an applicant must:
- Provide a certificate of general secondary education or equivalent, an autobiography, a copy of an identity document
- Record a video presentation with a story about yourself, your achievements, plans.
For admission to some specialties, passing entrance exams is required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.