Ecole Centrale de Lyon
Description of Ecole Centrale de Lyon
- Established: 1857
- Type of institution: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Ecully, France
- Language of instruction: French, English.
École Centrale de Lyon (ECL) was founded in 1857 and is the highest public educational institution in France. In 1947, the school was handed over to the French government. ECL prepares broad-based engineers and young scientists with an open and comprehensive vision of the world.
The institution is a member of the Groupe des Écoles Centrales and Coimbra Group.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ecole Centrale de Lyon
Accommodation, meals, prices
ECL provides students with an opportunity to live in a residence on campus:
- Paul Comparat Residence with 403 private rooms
- Paul-Emile Victor Residence, designed for 240 studios ranging in size from 18m 2 to 30 m 2 .
First-year students receive priority in accommodation on campus. At the 2nd and 3rd courses, scholarship holders and foreign students, accepted as a part of an international exchange programs with one of the partner universities, get an advantage.
- French Government scholarships study at ECL for free
- The educational institution is included in 5% of the best universities in the country
- ECL has the title of Scientific, Cultural and Professional Public Institution (EPCSCP)
- The school has entered into 130 international agreements, 54 of which are double degree agreements.
Facilities and equipment at Ecole Centrale de Lyon
University infrastructure includes:
- The library
- Center for Photonics and Nanostructures
- Research laboratories in tribology and system dynamics, fluid transfer and acoustics, computer science for image processing and information systems
- Sports facilities - playgrounds, stadium, gym, tennis courts.
Admission dates and extra charges
In the ECL, the school year is divided into two semesters.
- Mandatory contribution CVEC 91 €
- The cost of living in Lyon is 613 € -1244 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational institution you must:
- Pass entrance exams
- Provide education documents.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ecole Centrale de Lyon
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.