ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
Description of ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
- Location: Lyon, France,
- Established: 1999,
- Language of instruction: French, English,
- Type: mixed.
Ecole Sup é rieure du Commerce Extérieur (ESCE) is a leading international business school that is part of the OMNES Education educational network. The OMNES Education network has 13 schools, more than 19 campuses in France and abroad. About 40,000 students study in these institutions every year, and the total number of graduates exceeds 180,000 specialists.
The institution has strong institutional partnerships with major centers and communities: Business France, Bpifrance, ICC, Confrontations Europe. Relationships between educational institutions build an exchange of experience, well-coordinated work on joint projects, and the embodiment of innovative ideas in education. Cooperation allows students to gain experience in international interaction, study the languages and cultures of different countries.
The school was opened in Paris in 1968 and in 1999 established its second campus in Lyon. More than 12,000 students of 32 nationalities from about 80 countries study on campuses. There are also quite a lot of foreigners among the professors - these are representatives of more than 30 nationalities.
Education takes place entirely in English + each student can choose up to four languages for parallel study.
The institution offers its students the use of an extensive online library - a tool for working and conducting research anywhere in the world.
- Exclusive access to numerous documentary resources: books, journals, research, including Factiva, Statista, Science Direct, Business Source Complete and others,
- Knowledge base to support research, course completion, conduct marketing analyses, write dissertations,
- Access is open at any time and depends only on the Internet connection.
Things to know about
The campuses of OMNES Education schools are open for use by students of all institutions that make up the network: ESCE students visit the ESCE study area and other nearby institutions, and ESCE students can go to their campuses.
One of the features of the ESCE school is the opportunity to study in the case of disabilities. The territory is equipped with additional equipment, and among the teachers and staff there are specialists who provide individual support. Side by side with students, people with impaired motor functions, dyslexia, depression and other diseases attend classes.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
Activities ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
The extracurricular life of ESCE students is a complete freedom of action: parties and thematic events on campus, walks around the city and field trips to attractions, participation in charity events, scientific conferences and internships.
On both campuses – in Paris and Lyon – more than 40 student associations are open, in which students develop their skills, implement ideas, spend time together and help the community. Among them:
- BDE (Student Office) – student life management, organization of events on campus,
- MUN (Model United Nations) – simulation of meetings to prepare for international negotiations,
- NGA – Association of Video Game Enthusiasts,
- ESCE – Poker Players' Club,
- BDS – Association of Team Games Athletes,
- Arrows – board sports enthusiasts,
- Kert – karting section,
- Humanity is an association of participants in charity events: blood donation, street fairs, clothing and medicine collections, community projects and much more.
- Multinationality among students and teachers,
- More than 190 partner universities,
- No. 3 in the ranking of the best business institutions of Le Moci,
- No. 6 in the ranking of Le Parisien Etudiant,
- No. 7 among 37 schools in terms of the quality of care for students.
Facilities and equipment at ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
The Lyon campus is located in the center of the VII arrondissement. The school occupies the former Citroën building, which has become the historical heritage of Lyon: it educates students from different countries and cultures, combining modernity and tradition.
In Lyon, ESCE students study for the first three years of the program and then transfer to Paris. The infrastructure of the building allows students to give a powerful impetus to academic life, providing bright classrooms with innovative equipment, specialized laboratories, recreation and self-study areas. The same building is used by students of ECE School, one of the institutions that are also part of OMNES Education.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into several semesters with intermediate sessions. Each program offers students a different duration of study, while on the campus in Lyon they will be able to attend classes only for the first three years.
- Off-campus accommodation and meals,
- Public transport
- Participation in student associations,
- Health insurance,
- Personal expenses.
The process of admission to ESCE is quite simple and contains several stages:
- Filling out the registration form and providing documents,
- Attending a face-to-face or online interview for a personal assessment of the candidate,
- Waiting for the results of the reception,
- Registration on campus.
You need to apply as early as possible in order to prepare for your arrival in France: get a visa, take out medical insurance and make sure that the required duration of the passport.
Alumni annually support the ESCE status with their excellent final results. About 92% of undergraduates find a job or a subsequent place of study within two months after graduation. Through collaborations with more than 190 universities around the world, ESCE students have priority enrollment and excellent preparation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign applicants must provide:
- Personal data: a copy of the passport,
- Resume with achievements, certificates and diplomas,
- A motivation letter explaining why the student wants to enroll in ESCE,
- Recommendations from teachers from the previous place of study,
- Diploma of the previous level of education with an evaluation transcript for the last three academic years,
- Certificate of English proficiency with scores not lower than conversational level. If the student did not pass the language exam, he can replace the certificate with a conversation with one of the representatives of the admissions committee.
Scholarships ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
ESCE has partnership agreements through which students have the opportunity to obtain loans at favorable rates, scholarships from third-party institutions and government aid. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students with excellent academic results, athletes of team games and individual sports, public figures.
Most students use CAF – partial coverage of housing rents.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about ESCE School of Business Lyon, ESCE Lyon Graduate School of Business
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.