Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
Description of Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
- Location: Lyon, France,
- Year of foundation: 2018,
- Language of instruction: French, English,
- Type of education: mixed.
Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering School (ECE) in Lyon is one of the campuses of a leading engineering school located in Lyon, France.
ECE is part of the large-scale educational network OMNES Education and has study areas in three Cities in France: Lyon, Paris and Bordeaux. All campuses provide an identical set of bachelor's and master's degree programs based on technology and innovation: engineering, computer science, ecology.
The Lyon campus was opened second in a row in 2018. It accepts students of more than 40 nationalities, and specialists with rich experience and qualifications of different fields participate in the learning process. ECE programmes can be called truly strong and outstanding by looking at the statistics of graduates, according to which almost 100% of students get a job before graduation.
Things to know about
Due to the proximity of several OMNES Education schools, students of these institutions can use the infrastructure of any of the campuses, interact with each other, create projects and organize events.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution does not have equipped places to stay, but the staff of the support department will help students find suitable housing near the educational buildings or in a convenient area for them.
Activities Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
In their free time, students have the opportunity to stay on campus and engage in individual projects in laboratories. In addition, students of several nearby schools can organize joint scientific, creative, sports and entertainment events using any of the campuses of the institutions.
ECE has more than 40 associations reflecting students' passions: science and technology, art and sport, religion and volunteering, minorities and environmental groups.
- Interaction of students of different schools with each other,
- The infrastructure of nearby educational institutions is available,
- Campus in the historic centre of Lyon,
- High-quality programs,
- Education in French or English,
- One of the best engineering schools in France.
Facilities and equipment at Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
The ECE study area is located in the heart of Lyon, a few steps from the historic centre. In the seventh arrondissement, the CITROËN building has been built, a former "gas station" in which students of the school study.
Included in the list of historical monuments of France in 1992, the six-storey building, which is easily accessible by public transport, is shared by several schools of the OMNES Education group. The view from the windows of the building overlooks Mont Blanc and the Hill of Fourvière. After surviving a major overhaul but retaining the Art Deco style of the 1930s, the campus opened in 2018. Now students can use modern equipment and infrastructure that allows them to embody almost any academic and scientific ideas.
Equipping ECE in Lyon includes:
- Large classrooms with interactive whiteboards and video projectors, audio systems,
- Specialized laboratories with the necessary set of tools, devices, methodological materials,
- Lecture halls in which conferences, master classes are held by invited specialists,
- A canteen that receives students in between classes,
- Studios of additional development: dance, theater, art,
- Sports halls and outdoor areas for team games and individual education.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are several semesters in the academic year, after each of which a session is organized. Holidays are held throughout the year, the longest of them fall on winter and summer. The education takes place from Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday are days off.
- Accommodation and meals off-campus,
- Visit to the dining room,
- Public transport
- Annual contributions to clubs,
- Payment for the use of infrastructure and technologies,
- Health insurance,
- Personal spending.
Admission to the ECE Lyon campus is the same as in other departments of the engineering school. For education in programs, high school students must apply through Concours AVENIR, which is an application with a questionnaire. For students who already have a bachelor's degree, the registration file is processed using the Avenir+ procedure.
The admission procedure includes:
- Filling in the registration form,
- Provision of necessary documents,
- Passing interviews and internal entrance tests in person or online,
- Waiting for an official invitation to campus,
- Filling in the necessary documents immediately before the start of education,
- Preparation for arrival in France: search for accommodation, visa and health insurance, opening a bank account and more.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign applicants must provide the following information about themselves:
- Copies of personal documents: passport or other identity card,
- Passport-size photograph,
- Personal summary of academic achievements, goals and interests,
- Diploma of the previous level of education with an evaluation transcript,
- Motivation letter describing the desire to study at ECE,
- The program of the last or current academic year, if it is not completed,
- Certificate of knowledge of English or French: English (IELTS from 6.0 points or TOEFL from 83), French (level B2 in one of the tests: TCF, TEF, DELF, DALF).
Admission of new students takes place at the beginning of each of the semesters: in spring and autumn. Bachelor's degree programs are conducted only in French, so applicants need a minimum level of B2.
Scholarships Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
ECE rewards all students who achieve excellent results at the end of each academic year. Scholarships encourage students motivated in their studies with large-scale payments and diplomas.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ecole D'Ingenieurs Engineering ECE Graduate School in Lyon
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.