Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
Description of Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
- Established: 1971
- Location: Lyon, France
- Age of students: 17+
- Number of students: 45,000
- Language of instruction: French, English
- Type of studying: mixed.
Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL is one of the largest universities in France, named after the French physiologist Claude Bernard. In terms of the number of patents, the university occupies a leading place in France, is included in the TOP-100 innovative universities in the world.
UCBL collaborates with international and national companies and creates research platforms for launching startups. The university's innovative approach is also reflected in teaching. Students get access to the latest generation of educational platform, participate in hands-on workshops, work in a modern technology center with 3D simulators and drones.
The university was founded in 1971 through the merger of several educational institutions. Today UCBL offers first-class education in the following areas:
- Space exploration
- Earth sciences
Lyon University specializes in research in fundamental and applied areas. Every year about 5000 scientific articles are published from the university and about 40 patents are issued. UCBL conducts important research in the areas of breast and brain cancer, Mars research, health.
University facts in figures:
- 3 main campuses and 11 locations
- 13 bachelor's directions
- 50 master's courses
- 65 laboratories
- 421 million euros - university budget
- 5500 scientific publications per year.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of Lyon collaborates with the Center Régional des OEuvres Universitaires et Scolaires (CROUS) and provides a variety of student residence options. The Center Régional des OEuvres Universitaires et Scolaires is a government organization offering different types of accommodation to students throughout France. The organization offers individual rooms and studios.
Activities Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
Students of the University of Lyon will have a rich life on campus and beyond, because the cultural and entertainment infrastructure of Lyon offers classes for every taste - visiting museums and cultural exhibitions, getting to know the architecture of the city, outdoor activities, cinema, walking and visiting cafes. Interesting events are held on the campus - competitions, points, debates, conferences - and a variety of circles, sections and communities work:
- Acting skills
- The photo.
Facilities and equipment at Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
The university is located in Lyon, a city of cultural importance, included in the UNESCO list. Interesting events are held here all year round, and the infrastructure of the university includes numerous sports and entertainment facilities, 22 libraries and a modern academic infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
- 1 semester = 19 August-22 December
- 2 semester = January 6-end of June.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Université Claude-Bernard Lyon 1, UCBL
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.