Darrow Private School
Description of Darrow Private School
- Year of foundation Darrow School: 1932
- Darrow School Location: New Lisbon, New York, USA
- Age of students: 14-18
- Number of students: 120
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of residence: residence
- Language learning: English.
Darrow School is an international school that since 1932 has been teaching students from all over the world and creating conditions for active, motivating and practice-oriented education. The school is proud of its rich pedagogical experience, student-centered approach and unique methodology. Here they believe that the environment is of great importance for the development of the personality, therefore special attention is paid in the educational institution to creating a friendly atmosphere and value system in which kindness and compassion is of paramount importance.
Graduates of the school are representatives of various nationalities, foreigners from around the world. It was thanks to his students, who came from all over the world, that a special international atmosphere arose in the school, where everyone is ready to share his experience, culture and traditions of his native country. Life at school involves the acceptance of each student with his features and cultural codes.
The school is ideal for those who want to learn in a classic boarding school and intercultural environment, in a warm friendly atmosphere and with modern approaches to learning. A rich academic life is accompanied by academic and psychological support of students from teachers and other students. The school guarantees a safe and comfortable environment for each student who graduates from school with vivid memories of a lifetime and unique experience, knowledge and skills.
- Faculty and staff: 59 people
- Teaching staff: 36 teachers
- Ratio of one teacher per student: 1 to 4
- Average class size: 9
- Number of students: 120 (55% of boys and 45% of girls)
- Number of students living in the residence: 80%
- All students at the school after graduation have excellent academic and psychological education for study at leading universities in the world, because 99% of students go to higher educational institutions.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Darrow Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Pupils live in a school residence - in comfortable dormitories, where students spend their leisure time and recuperate. Most students live in rooms for 2 people, also provides single occupancy. Each student has his own area of responsibility for keeping the hostel in a neat form.
Activities Darrow Private School
The extracurricular school program teaches students to achieve their goals, work in a team, helps to improve practical skills, tempers their character and helps them stay in good shape. Pupils are invited to take part in competitive and free sports and creativity:
- Cross country
- Music Club
- cooking school
- Laser tag and much more.
According to 2019 information, the average SAT score is 1230, and the average ACT score is 28.
Facilities and equipment at Darrow Private School
Located between the two states, the school is the only educational institution in America, which is located in the major historical center - the Shaker countryside. The beauty of these places and the historical significance favorably affects every inhabitant of these places and the nature of the school. The campus is located on an area of 365 acres with a developed infrastructure:
- 26 buildings and school buildings
- Several sports fields
- Tennis courts
- The gardens
- Forest Park Area
- School of Music
- Dining rooms
- Gym and more.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition per year
Accommodation and meals
- Individual academic support for the teacher: $ 4500 (2 sessions per week)
- Individual academic support for the teacher: $ 9000 (4 sessions per week)
- Contribution to school events will be $ 1000-2800 per year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
List of documents:
- Registration form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Student essay
- Parent's essay
- Extract of ratings
- English Testing
You must pass an interview and make a registration fee of $ 75.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Darrow Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.