St Thomas More Private School
Description of St Thomas More Private School
- Year of foundation: 1962;
- Location: Oakdale, USA;
- Type: private boarding school;
- Type of educational program: for boys;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Form of study: full-time;
- Number of students: 200.
Boarding school for boys Thomas More School was founded by James Hanrahan in 1962: this talented teacher discovered the wonders of an individual approach to the educational process. The mission of the school is to uncover the talents and depths of the personality of their students, creating for them coziness and comfort for unhindered development. The success of this approach is confirmed annually when former students of St. Thomas More School enter and graduate from the best universities in Europe and America.
Along with academic success boys in St. Thomas More School develops sports activity, acts as volunteers, and leads a rich cultural and socially active life. The school offers about fifty subjects, courses and programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St Thomas More Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
St. Thomas More School is located in Connecticut near Gardner Lake, so water sports such as sailing or rowing, fishing, and swimming are popular among its students. The campus is spread over 110 acres, so there is more than enough space for walks in the open air of nature: concentration and peace contribute to the successful learning of knowledge.
The school canteen is spacious, has an open terrace and a delicious, varied menu.
Activities St Thomas More Private School
St. School Thomas More considers it extremely important to encourage students to continue their studies outside the classroom: at the end of the school day on Wednesdays, pupils and teachers have time for joint participation in clubs and groups. Here are examples of clubs and active groups in the St. Thomas More in recent years:
- Art Club;
- Chess Club;
- Water sports;
- Public Service Club;
- Culinary Club;
- Drone club;
- Cybersport Team (LoL);
- French Club;
- Martial Arts Club;
- Cinema Club;
- Music Club;
- National Society of Honor;
- Robotics Club;
- Sailing / Kayaking;
- Ski club;
- Zumba Club.
The school is well known for its national basketball team PG. Sports that students of St. Thomas More School:
- American football;
- Power training.
- About 95% of teachers live on school campus;
- The ratio of teachers to students 1: 6;
- Small number of classes - about 12 people;
- Beautiful area with lake;
- High level of development of sports and creative potential.
Facilities and equipment at St Thomas More Private School
Campus St. Thomas More School is well equipped:
- Own boat station;
- Athletics track;
- Playing fields for various sports;
- Computer rooms;
- 3 educational buildings.
Admission dates and extra charges
Accommodation, board, textbook and laundry costs are included in tuition fee. Additional fees are mostly discretionary in nature and are related to campus travel and back, student personal supplies and some social activities on weekends.
St. Thomas More School designates the priority application deadline of February 1 for admission in September and a sliding admission policy after this date depending on availability. Enrollment in the second quarter or in the middle of the year is possible and is considered individually for each case.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Online application and registration fee;
- Parent's statement;
- Estimates for the current and previous school year;
- Recommendations of the teacher of English and mathematics;
- Recommendation of the director and class teacher;
- Standardized test results (English - TOEFL, Duolingo, SLEP - maybe, and math);
- Interview (in person, by phone or on Skype);
- Help from the bank about the status of the account of parents;
- Copy of the passport;
- Copy visa;
- The official transcript.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St Thomas More Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.