Darmstadt University of Technology
Description of Darmstadt University of Technology
- Established: 1877
- Location: Darmstadt, Germany
- Number of students: 25,000
- Language of instruction: German, English
- Type: state.
Darmstadt University of Technology was founded in 1877. It originally functioned as a Polytechnic School, in 1883 the first and for a long time the only faculty of electrical engineering in the world appeared at the school. The first in the world International Congress on Engineering Education was held at the University.
The Technical University of Darmstadt is a member of the world-famous organizations European Association for International Education, TU9, European Association of Universities, Top Industrial Managers for Europe, PACE.
Currently, more than 25,000 students study at the university, 20% of whom are foreign.
The university is actively cooperating with industrial organizations of the country: leading experts share their experience with students, and they, in turn, get the opportunity to introduce experimental technologies. For student research center has been established Darmstadt Society for Innovations, Ltd.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Darmstadt University of Technology
- Over the years, the University of Darmstadt has earned an impeccable reputation.
- The main principle is the obligatory consolidation of theory by practice
- In total, the university has 112 courses
- The university is famous for its regular development patent.
- The institution is funded by the state and regularly wins major research grants.
- University graduates are in demand in the labor market
- To date, cooperation agreements have been signed with 65 universities around the world.
Facilities and equipment at Darmstadt University of Technology
The two main buildings of the university are located in the city center. By the forces of students and teachers of technical specialties here function:
- Institute of Mechatronics
- Institute of Automotive
- Institute for Pressure Processing.
Workshops have been created for students in which they can:
- Work in the aerospace industry, in particular, analyze the work of an aircraft jet tube
- Explore Alternative Fuels
- Work out the mechanisms of work of cyber-physical systems
- Work with additive technologies.
Thanks to the efforts of students of the Faculty of Biology, a botanical garden is working in the building.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All applicants must provide a motivation letter, a certificate in the original language and, if it is a foreign applicant, a certified translation. A certificate of sufficient level of knowledge for admission (Studiencolleg) and a certificate of language proficiency will also be required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Darmstadt University of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.