Home Language International Czech Republic
Description of Home Language International Czech Republic
- Location: Prague, the Czech Republic
- Founded: 1979
- Type of education: individual
- Type of accommodation: family (full board)
- Language of instruction: Czech.
The language school Home Language International was founded in 1979: for over 40 years it has been offering language programs for family living in 20 languages in more than 30 countries. Pupils will live and study in the teacher’s house, attend personal language lessons, spend free time with their families, eat with them, and use Czech throughout their stay.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Home Language International Czech Republic
Accommodation, meals, prices
HLI offers comfortable accommodation:
- Most families live outside the city center.
- Hospitable family atmosphere, cozy house
- Private room, home-cooked meals
- Incentive events.
Host families range from traditional - with two adults, one or more students - to single parent families, young couples without children, couples of mature age and people who live alone.
Cost of living:
- Pension - 805 € / week.
- Half board - 742 € / week.
Activities Home Language International Czech Republic
Program participants in the Czech Republic will be offered several excursions to choose from:
- Bubec Art Studio
- Sculpture exhibition
- Kampa Museum and Exhibitions
- Baroque ensemble of 1704
- Center for Contemporary Art DOX
- Ride on the Vltava River
- National Puppet Theater
- Sightseeing tour.
- Home Language International offers homestays, private lessons are the fastest way to learn Czech. The student will only speak Czech during and after classes, at events.
- The full immersion program allows you to learn not only in the lessons, but also in practice during meals, classes or everyday family life.
- Participants can choose from 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours of individual lessons per week, classes with an experienced teacher. The lessons are completely personalized, the teacher pays attention to exactly what the participant needs.
- Participants have the opportunity to combine different programs, for example, 1 week of classes with activities + 1 week of classes with cultural excursions, remaining in the same family.
- All teachers have higher education (any subject), teaching experience of at least 2 years and / or pedagogical qualifications (Tefl, Tesol, Celta, PGCE).
Admission dates and extra charges
Individual family members choose convenient dates (from Sunday to Sunday) at any time of the year and for the desired duration (at least one week).
Homestay varies from 1 to 2-3 weeks and may include from 10 to 25 hours of individual lessons with or without additional activities. Some teachers accept students all year round, others only during school holidays.
Those planning to visit in July and August must make an order at least 2 months before the planned start of the course.
- Study of business and specialized vocabulary - 130 € / week.
- Preparation for the exam - 130 € / week.
- Teacher course - 130 € / week.
- Additional observation - 150 € / week. (required for students under 12 years old.)
- Special diet - 150 € / week.
- Special needs - 150 € / week.
- Surcharge for accommodation on holidays (Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving) - 150 € / week.
- Private bathroom - 190 € / week.
- VIP accommodation - 400 € / week.
- 5 * accommodation - double prices
- Pocket expenses - 85 € / week. (optionally).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
HLI accepts students of any age and any level of Czech proficiency to study.
Scholarships Home Language International Czech Republic
Home Language International offers discounts on individual programs, accommodation, accommodation for an accompanying person.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Home Language International Czech Republic
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.