Colorado Springs private School
Description of Colorado Springs private School
- Established: 1962
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
- Age of students: 14-19 years
- Type of program: mixed
- Type of accommodation: in the family
- Language learning: English.
Colorado Springs School is an independent school located in the city of Colorado Springs on its own 32 acres. The school offers a classic academic program, as well as experimental approaches to learning. High school students attend special extra classes (20-23 days a year), where they learn to solve global international problems related to the environment, politics, economics, etc. One of the tasks of teaching is to teach future specialists to think independently, to have their own opinion and judgment, to cope with non-standard tasks, to prepare for adulthood and become a successful person. A brilliant preparation provides almost 100% admission to universities, including world-renowned ones, such as The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Oxford, Trinity College, universities in Boston, New York and other prestigious universities. Among the famous graduates are many significant personalities in the creative and social spheres, medicine, nutrition, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Colorado Springs private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
High school students at the Colorado Springs School live in families, usually school-related or have long collaborated on contracts for accepting foreign students for living. Close communication with native speakers allows studetns from abroad to immerse themselves deeply in the English language, to study the culture and family traditions adopted in the country. Individual accommodation provides more opportunities for special nutrition in case of need, for example, for religious reasons or in connection with medical conditions, diets, vegetarianism, etc.
Activities Colorado Springs private School
The location in a city with a rich cultural life makes it possible and the choice of various events - students accompanied by mentors or school representatives attend theater, festival holidays, go on excursions, to museums, shopping, go hiking, etc. As for leisure activities on campus, students attend one or more of the 21 optional schools, take part in the activities of the local Forum (center of self-government), play sports, study drama, acting, painting, scientific research, and film making. Available sports activities:
- Lacrosse and others.
All activities are included in the price.
- Own teaching methods
- Innovative approaches to learning
- Comfortable living conditions in host families
- Large selection of sports activities and electives (21)
- Development of abilities, ability to think independently
- Deep immersion in the English language and American culture.
Facilities and equipment at Colorado Springs private School
The school occupies a land area of 32 acres, located in a cozy place with beautiful nature and clean air due to the proximity of the mountains directly to Colorado Springs, which allows you to learn from the inside the life of a large city. On the school campus territory there is the Trianon building (built in 1907), representing the neoclassical style of architecture. This building houses the administration with a selection committee, a library, conference rooms, classrooms for studies, a laboratory for scientific experiments and research. Other buildings have classrooms for younger and older students, laboratories, a counseling center, a canteen, a medical center. The school also has facilities for creative and sports activities:
For creative activities
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To become a student of the school, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Statement for 2 years with an extract of all assessments
- Letters of recommendation from teachers of English and mathematics
- A motivation letter, where the student personally presents the reasons for entering this school
- Awards, achievements in science and creativity, certificates, participation in competitions, etc.
- English test TOEFL (or IELTS).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Colorado Springs private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.