CETT - University of Barcelona
Description of CETT - University of Barcelona
- Established: 1450
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Students age: from 18 years.
- Language of instruction: English, Spanish, Catalan
- Type of study: state university.
CETT - University of Barcelona - School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy of the University of Barcelona, offering 4-year undergraduate programs in tourism with teaching in English, specializing in tourism management, hotel management or digital tourism management, as well as a 4-year undergraduate degree in culinary and gastronomic sciences with teaching in Spanish and selected English courses. Four master's programs with teaching in English include hotel management courses specializing in food, drinks, and a master's in business tourism management with a specialization in event organization.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in CETT - University of Barcelona
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live in the student residence of Agora BCN University, which has all the necessary amenities: 193 rooms (100 single rooms, 89 double rooms, 4 rooms for people with disabilities). The city campus is an ideal place for young students, teachers, researchers. All objects are new: educational and recreational facilities, a multi-purpose living room, a wide range of services and equipment.
Single rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, air conditioning, heating, a separate working area with bookshelves, desks, free Internet access.
Double rooms for sharing are equipped with two beds, study areas, work desks, shelves, wardrobes. Private bathroom (for 2 people), air conditioning, heating with independent control, free high-speed Internet access, satellite TV, telephone.
Activities CETT - University of Barcelona
CETT - University of Barcelona offers the Buddy Program, a social program for international students that develops:
- Aquire soft skills: leadership, sustainability, proactivity, communication, emotional intelligence, listening skills, creativity
- Learning a new language
- Meet new people, other cultures
- Volunteer experience, social service
- Experience in organizing events based on CETT-UB.
- High quality education is backed by 50 years of experience at CETT - University of Barcelona.
- CETT relies on empowering students to work together on projects, building relationships outside the classroom, gaining mentoring experience, and practical workplace experience.
- The campus has over 3,600 square meters. m, fully equipped with the latest technology.
- Courses are taught by professionals with extensive experience.
- The university encourages national and international exchanges through a network of partner companies.
- CETT educates more than 550 foreign students from 53 countries.
- The institution collaborates with the best companies in the industry, helping students achieve their professional goals.
Facilities and equipment at CETT - University of Barcelona
The CETT building has applied technology classes, technical classes, kitchens, a resource center, staff rooms, and an administration area of 6720 m². Classrooms offer resources that inspire creativity, innovation, and the entrepreneurial spirit of the student community. Various workspaces allow developing professional skills of students, specialized knowledge, teamwork skills. On the lower floors, where the gastronomic classes are located, there is an English courtyard to improve the quality of ventilation and lighting systems.
- Resource center is an interdisciplinary space that offers students a number of tools to strengthen, complete, expand training in accordance with their preferences, needs, and accessibility outside the usual class schedule. The center has various tools: multimedia archives, wireless connections, computer rooms, resources created or acquired by the CETT faculty and intended for self-study in the field of tourism and hospitality. The following facilities are available to students: a zone of new technologies, a language section, a tourist documentation center, a library, a computer room.
- Restaurant classroom is a space that functions as a real restaurant and is designed to teach catering, study the trends in the culinary arts and hospitality sectors. The restaurant has the same characteristics as a real one, guaranteeing high quality service thanks to a team of experienced professionals who act as lecturers in the kitchens and office spaces.
- The kitchen class is a space for teaching culinary art, new technologies, skills, and competencies of the future chef. The kitchen imitates a real gastronomic institution where young people will master the practical aspects of training programs as preparation for practice in one of the applied training programs or partner companies. Students learn the technology of cooking products included in the menu of a restaurant or cafeteria.
- The preliminary training class allows you to apply the acquired knowledge when applying culinary concepts, techniques. This is a universal classroom where young people prepare ingredients that other students process in their classes. Lessons are held in the own space of the showroom, satisfying a variety of pedagogical needs, allowing the use of various teaching methodologies.
- Culinary workshop
- Technical grade
- Research and Innovation Class
- Presentation room
- Touch room
- Cabinets sommelier
- Computer rooms.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To apply for admission to Catalan state universities, applicants fill out a preliminary application for admission to the university on a common portal for admission to universities in Barcelona and provide documents about the courses they completed.
Students who start their studies at universities outside Spain and wish to enroll in UB undergraduate courses can apply for confirmation of their academic qualifications.
Graduates of foreign universities may request confirmation of the degree received, the applicant may ask to confirm their Spanish language training at a partially completed stage.
Scholarships CETT - University of Barcelona
CETT - University of Barcelona presents several types of scholarships:
- Academic allows CETT senior students who show interest, academic, professional abilities, the opportunity to continue their studies in the field of tourism, hospitality, gastronomy, despite economic difficulties. In exceptional cases, applications from new students may be considered.
- The academic scholarship is aimed at promoting the mobility of students, allowing them to pay for part of their studies abroad at one of the universities with which CETT UB has bilateral agreements working under the ERASMUS program.
- International internships are aimed at promoting the mobility and interaction of graduates, allowing them to take internships that will help advance them on the path of their academic careers, and increase employment opportunities.
- The Excellence Fellowship aims to promote and reward new students.
- Entrepreneurship Project Competition
- Prize for the best diploma project in the field of tourism
- Prize for the best graduation project
- Prize for the best high school tourism research project.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about CETT - University of Barcelona
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.