Cape Breton University
Description of Cape Breton University
- Established: 1974
- Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Number of students: 5000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: state.
Cape Breton University was founded in 1974 by merging two educational institutions : Xavier Junior College and Nova Scotia Eastern Institute of Technology. The young institution has been recognized internationally by:
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- Atlantic University Associations (AAU)
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Today, there are more than 500 foreigners among university students. Cape Breton University runs the International Center for English Academic Preparation course , the completion of which guarantees admission of a foreign applicant without an entrance exam in English and eliminates the need to provide a certificate confirming the level of the language when submitting documents.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cape Breton University
- High level of knowledge
- A small number of students and small study groups
- An individual approach to each student
- The possibility of receiving scholarships and grants from the university
- Comprehensive support during the learning process
- Double Degree Program
- English courses at the university are considered one of the best in the district
- Qualified teaching staff
- Partnerships between students and teachers
- A busy student life.
Facilities and equipment at Cape Breton University
The campus is located on Cape Breton Island, in Sydney. From the windows of the educational building and the hostel there is a beautiful view of the city, and in 15-20 minutes you can drive to the ocean and various beaches. Only 30,000 inhabitants live in the city, which makes it friendly and safe.
All classrooms and structures of the university are equipped with the necessary furniture and appliances. Students can hone their sports skills in a modern sports complex. For the convenience of students, there is a library consisting of material resources and online publications.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Cape Breton University , an applicant must provide:
- Certified translation of the certificate of general secondary education with an assessment in English
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Autobiography (if necessary).
Applicants who have completed preparatory courses do not provide a certificate of language proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cape Breton University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.