CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
Description of CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
- Founded: 1987
- Location: Toronto Canada
- Students age: from 18 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of training: full-time study.
College of Makeup Art and Design is a Canadian educational institution that hosts highly specialized educational programs in such fields as artistic makeup for fashion, theater or television. Also here, young people can learn professional plastic makeup and character design.
CMU College is recognized as one of the leading educational institutions around the world, because, thanks to its graduates, students and teachers, it has an impact on the field of art makeup worldwide. Over the 30 years of its existence, the college has graduated more than 5,000 professionals.
Toronto itself is a good launching pad for starting a career in various fields that are suitable for the specialization of CMU graduates: film and television, the fashion industry, theater, stage makeup, makeup and creative design, digital makeup effects and so on.
CMU students are very lucky with the teaching staff of the college, because it includes professional makeup artists and art designers who took part in the creation of many Hollywood films.
The college has the status of an international educational institution, therefore students from any country of the world who have reached the age of majority (over 18 years old) are accepted here. For short-term programs adolescents from 14 years old are accepted.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the campus of the College of Makeup Art and Design there is no student residence, however, you can choose comfortable accommodation options using the college counseling center.
One of the popular options: living in a Canadian family. This is a comfortable accommodation option, in which the student receives a family atmosphere and various amenities, including a separate room with furniture, the use of laundry, TV, wireless Internet. You can live in a family of 1-2 people.
Facilities and equipment at CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
The college campus is located in Toronto, in a historic firehouse building, founded in 1886. The college has been based here since 2012, and today a beautiful classroom is adapted for students and stylishly decorated. The building of the fire station and its location belong to the historic sites of Toronto.
CMU students have access to the most modern college facilities: equipped classrooms (8 classrooms), special laboratories for creating makeup effects, photo studios, exhibition spaces and other specialized rooms. A few minutes walk from the main educational building is the Studio City complex, where training programs are held from the field of cinematography and design - digital and special effects courses.
The college also has common lounges, where students can spend time chatting or just relaxing. For walks in the fresh air between classes, there is a beautiful park nearby.
For convenient navigation around the city, CMU College offers students to install an application where there is a lot of useful information for them: the location of local clinics, transportation cards, the curriculum and the college plan. College staff is always ready to help students with solving problems.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at CMU for standard educational programs lasts from September to June, and in the summer and spring months additional courses and master classes are held in different directions.
- Entry fee - $ 500
- Tutorials - from $ 100 CAD
- Equipment and materials - 3435 to 5149 $ CAD
- Accommodation and meals
- Pocket expenses
- City Transportation
- Round Trip Flights
- Visa fees
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 2500 CAD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the College of Makeup Art and Design, college students must meet the following requirements:
- Age from 18 years
- Good knowledge of English (IELTS 5.0 and higher)
- Have an Ontario High School Diploma or equivalent (Russian certificate)
- Take the SLE (Scholastic Level Exam) entrance exam.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about CMU College of Makeup Art & Design
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.