California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
Description of California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
- Location: Los Angeles, USA,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
California State University (Summer School) in the summer months presents students from 8 to 18 years old with exciting and interesting English language programs, activities and excursions.
The school conducts classes on the campus of California State University, one of the leading institutions in the country. Studying in downtown Los Angeles offers students a lot of entertainment: sunny beaches, green areas, shops and restaurants, bustling nightlife and a variety of attractions will help students learn about local life, enjoy summer holidays and make new friends.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students have the opportunity to choose a convenient accommodation option for them: accommodation in a dormitory or apartment.
- The dormitory offers double and triple rooms with shared bathrooms, which are used by up to six people.
- The apartments provide a freer and more comfortable atmosphere for housing: double, triple rooms with shared bathrooms, which are used by four or five residents. Residents clean their private rooms on their own, and the bathrooms are cleaned daily by employees.
Whichever option the student chooses, he will be provided with the necessary services:
- Private bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe and desk,
- Laundry for an additional fee,
- Free high-speed Internet and WiFi,
- Living rooms with board games, TV on each floor of any of the houses,
- Towels, bed linen are changed weekly.
Pupils of summer courses are provided with three meals a day. Meals are organized in the cafeteria on campus, and on excursions and weekends, students are given packed lunches. Approximate composition of the weekly menu:
- Breakfasts: pancakes, eggs, juices and other continental dishes,
- Lunch: soups, drinks and hot dishes,
- Dinner: buffet with salad buffet.
All meals are prepared in compliance with dietary restrictions, from fresh products and under the supervision of specialists.
Activities California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
All leisure activities are organized in the afternoon, and full-day field trips are organized on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On Sunday, students have the opportunity to choose more interesting leisure activities for them: another additional excursion or one of the activities on campus.
Throughout their stay at the courses, students will be able to attend campus events such as:
- Sports training and competitions: American football, volleyball, football, basketball,
- Collective events: "Scavenger Hunt", talent show,
- Themed evenings: karaoke, quest room, master class in arts and crafts, the basics of playing in a casino.
Full-day excursions are one of the most anticipated events for students during the entire school week. On them, children will be able to explore:
- Downtown Los Angeles: City Cathedral, Olvera Street, Getty Center,
- Hollywood: famous boulevard, Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive,
- Beach Day: Getty Villa, Malibu Pier, Santa Monica,
- California Science Center & Disney Concert Hall: Interactive Exhibitions, Little Tokyo Historic District,
- San Clemente: travel along the Pacific coast by train, explore a small town and go shopping, lunch at a local restaurant.
- On-campus education at one of the best universities in the country,
- A varied program of events,
- Several accommodation options,
- Many of the necessary costs are already included in the cost of the program.
Facilities and equipment at California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
The training takes place on the campus of California State University, located in the heart of Los Angeles. The infrastructure of the institution meets the latest technology, offering students summer courses:
- New dormitories,
- Modern classrooms,
- Outdoor swimming pool,
- Basketball, volleyball courts,
- Convenience store with ATM,
- Outdoor areas for games, recreation and walks.
WiFi is available throughout the study area.
Los Angeles has an excellent transportation network that allows students to travel around the city, attend social events, and explore the sights.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of the program can be chosen independently: according to your own goals, abilities and wishes.
The standard schedule contains daily activities:
- Sunday: arrival or departure of students, a small excursion or entertainment on campus,
- Monday: campus tours, evening sports training,
- Tuesday: full-day field trip, thematic master class in the evening,
- Wednesday: academic classes until the evening, entertainment on campus before bedtime,
- Thursday: full-day excursion with dinner in the city,
- Friday: academic classes, evening disco,
- Saturday: full-day trip.
The cost of the program includes tuition and materials, trips and activities, accommodation in the format of full board. Additionally, you must pay:
- Deposit for placement - $ 100,
- The fee for the lost room key is $ 100 (if necessary),
- Transfer to Los Angeles International Airport - $ 216 one way,
- Personal expenses: souvenirs, snacks in the café.
The procedure for enrolling in the course contains several stages:
- Contact the admissions committee to clarify the availability of seats,
- Filling out an online form and providing personal documents,
- Receiving an invitation to campus,
- Passing a small language test for knowledge of the English language,
- Distribution by classes and the beginning of training.
Before admission, you should take care of the availability and duration of your passport, apply for a visa after receiving an invitation to the program.
Certificates that are issued at the end of the course indicate academic progress in English, knowledge gained and new skills. They will complement the personal portfolio and help confirm the student's skills when entering a school or college.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to summer vacation courses, applicants must present:
- Personal documents: passport, medical insurance, visa or residence permit in the United States,
- Compliance with the age range of the course: from 8 to 18 years.
Admission of new students takes place every Monday for the duration of the program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about California State University (Summer School), California State University LA Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.